Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

At a loss for words.....

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
As I promised yesterday in the "What did you get today?" thread under General Discussion, I'll try to tell you what I got. I said yesterday that it was the surprise of my life, that's what I got. SmokinDaddy (Jason) blew me away with the 300 count humidor he said he was going to give away.

When he first posted his announcement, I read it, thought about it, and decided not to respond to it because, although I could think of a few guys I thought should have it, it occurred to me that by nominating one BOTL I'd essentially be dissing the others I thought were deserving. So I figured it was best for me to just not pay any attention to the thread as it progressed.

So, yesterday afternoon early, I was out on the patio with my cat and a stogie when the doorbell rang. I knew my child bride was inside and would answer it so I stayed put. Pretty soon she came out and wanted to know what in hell I had ordered this time? All I knew about was a few sticks I had ordered but nothing large, so I went in to see what she was all excited about. So, here's this huge box sitting in the front hall. She said the mailman had brought it that far and that she couldn't lift it, so I was going to have to take care of it.

I carried it out to the kitchen and put it on the counter to open the box. It was addressed to me so I knew it wasn't a mistake of the mailman's but I didn't recognize the return address. I opened it and took out most of the packing material and saw the top of what I found out shortly was the humidor. I set the box on the floor and lifted out the humi and put it on the counter. Then I opened it and saw some pretty nice cigars and a note from Jason. That's when I lost it.

I choked up, got all emotional, and yeah, maybe squeezed out a tear or two. I couldn't believe this! Jason, words fail me. What do I say to properly thank you for this incredibly generous gift? I'm astounded. And humbled. Thank you, Brother, thank you.

I also said I'd post a few pics but that it would have to wait until today because my niece, Chase's sister, was being married yesterday afternoon and I didn't have time just then. So here they are:

Of course, my cat has to pass judgement on it. She decided she likes it:

And, no, Laker, I didn't steal your avatar. She's my little stogie buddy.

Also, as I mentioned, there were five pretty nice sticks included along with a very nice Vector guillotine cutter and a Xikar money clip. It's no wonder I got a little emotional. The generosity of the Brothers on this forum is simply unbelievable. My thanks to Bbass2, Toombes, and DennisKing for nominationg me and to all of the other Brothers for supporting it. And you can be sure that I'll think of Chase each time I reach for a stogie. As I said, I'm overwhelmed.

The last couple weeks have been a real emotional rollercoaster, what with the funeral and then the wedding that couldn't be re-scheduled. And now this.

And on top of all this, I'm swelled with happiness for Jason and wish him all the success in the world with his new job. Yeah, Dude. You are important. And needed. And I'm sure your family is as happy for you as I am. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Comments

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Flawless victory, very nice and to a well deserve BOTL. That looks great and with your little buddy approval. Nothing wrong there, enjoy.....

• Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Smokindaddy definately hit the right person. And the sentimental value that it will hold from now on will be priceless. Enjoy brother.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Awesome gift and you totally deserve it
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Well deserved! It sounds like the timing on this couldn't have been better. Your family will be in our thoughts this Memorial Day weekend. Nice job smokindaddy, your graciousness is second to none.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Awesome gift..... That's what ccom is all about
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Marty, no thanks is needed. It looked like the package did what I wanted it to, I'm happy to read that it made your day. You and your family are in my thoughts an prayers and I know this weekend is not going to be easy, just remember you have your CCom family to lean on. Enjoy the humi!!!
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Wow I can't put into words what is going threw my pea brained mind! You guys this was amazing Marty I know you will treasure this the rest of your life! And smokindaddy man your a class act nicely done :)
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I'm just glad to know that it's going to be used for it intended purpose. I'm thrilled you love it, brother. My thoughts are with you and your family this holiday weekend.
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Could not have happened to a better person!
  • Options
    Couldn't have said it better than these guys. I didn't vote/nominate anyone either for pretty much the same reasons you chose plus I'm fairly new and don't know everyone that well. But after reading the reasons why your name was stated I couldn't agree more on who deserved this. Way to go guys on a truly amazing gesture of brotherhood
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Well done, Gents, especially Jason. You guys kick ass.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a real beauty. Nicely done.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marty, this could NOT have happened to a NICER or CLASSIER brother and you are 110% deserving of such a gesture and gift! Jason, absolutely fantastic job on this and how well you pulled it off, not only is it a show of your character but also a show of respect for all the brothers and sisters on here, I am humbled and so proud of you and this community thank you and great job!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Awesome. No other words for this. Just awesome!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing dude! Congrats on that awesome gift. It's all about Petey Pablo
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, and this is why I am here on the forum!!!!!!!!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    Couldn't have happened to a better BOTL, Marty.

Was thinking about you guys this weekend.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    That is what makes this place so great. It's the class and generosity of the people here. I'm a newb, but I ain't leavin. I'm a better man just for being associated with such a good group of people. I love reading posts like this; and I read a new one here every day.