Home General Discussion

WHO SMOKES CIGARETTES AND CIGARS

I'm finding myself smoking both, who is doing the same?

Comments

  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭
    i know people do. but i fail to understand why. they both do different things that actually hinder the point of the other.

    if you are smoking for flavor then cigarettes kill your sense of smell and ruin your palate. you will taste more of the cigar without cigarettes.

    if you are smoking for nicotine then the delivery system of nicotine that cigars has is very different than the one for cigarettes. cigars will not give the addiction calming effects that a cigarette will. i have seen people light up a cigarette WHILE SMOKING A CIGAR.
    not trying to offend anyone here but i just dont get it.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Farmington, NMPosts: 1,759 ✭✭✭
    I smoke both myself. I think it has to do with my mood and how much time I have as to which I choose. I have a short 10 minute drive to work so a cigarette is perfect, but when I'm home in the evening a cigar makes more sense. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for a cigar. I don't notice much of a taste issue though.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I smoked cigarettes for about 11 years. 1 to 2 packs a day of KOOL 100s. But then I quit not too long ago (6 months or so I guess). Cold turkey.

    Why? So I could spend that money on cigars. And I bet my wife I could quit cold turkey. I won.

    Best move ever. Not only am I relatively healthier, but I now have an extra $150/month for cigars. win/win
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for the people who smoke both, are you inhaling the cigar as well?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • danielzreyes:
    So for the people who smoke both, are you inhaling the cigar as well?


    I do smoke both.....but don't inhale the cigar.

    I switched from Camel Wides to rolling my own not too long ago.  The Indian reservation I used to buy at finally caved to the man and now only sell their own brand (which is nasty unfortunately).  I used to pay $60/carton and thought it was a "deal"  Decided that I had to either quit or find some other solution when my only Camel options were closing in on $10/pack.  With rolling my own I have to waste 15 minutes or so every other day  but I spend less than a buck fifty per pack now.  Wish I had done this a long time ago.......especially since I hardly notice a difference in flavor. 

    Now if only they could somehow make smoking good for you :-)
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat West TNPosts: 5,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some cigarette tobacco on hand, and occasionally roll one. I guess the last one was about 8 - 10 weeks ago, I'm still rolling from the same bag I bought sometime last summer. When I do smoke them, I've found that I now use cigar smoking techniques, as in no inhaling just puffing and a little retro-hale.

    I probably smoked regular packaged cigarettes, usually Camel light or Camel wide, for about 25 years altogether, sort of on and off. I long felt that cigars were just too expensive, although I did still smoke them, usually buying a box and finishing it in a month or so, then might be a few weeks or months until another box.

    After changing to smoking 99% cigars and the other 1% between the occasional cigarette or pipe, I find that I no longer hack when I wake up, wheeze when I exert myself, or produce thick brown sputum. Nor do I find myself at work or in the car with that overwhelming need to smoke right now or go crazy. Life is much better on my basic 2 cigar a day plan.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

    "There is nothing so in need of reforming as someone else's bad habits."   Mark Twain
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Farmington, NMPosts: 1,759 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    So for the people who smoke both, are you inhaling the cigar as well?
    I generally don't inhale cigars, well maybe just a little bit a time or two throughout. Definitely not if I'm doing something like golf, but if I'm sitting in my back yard I'll inhale ever so slightly a few times.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭
    I don't smoke cigs...those things will kill ya
  • jlmartajlmarta 50 miles from ParadisePosts: 7,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    I smoked cigarettes for about 11 years. 1 to 2 packs a day of KOOL 100s. But then I quit not too long ago (6 months or so I guess). Cold turkey.

    Why? So I could spend that money on cigars. And I bet my wife I could quit cold turkey. I won.

    Best move ever. Not only am I relatively healthier, but I now have an extra $150/month for cigars. win/win


    Good for you, my friend. You made an excellent choice. Cigarettes are killers......
  • jlmartajlmarta 50 miles from ParadisePosts: 7,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    After changing to smoking 99% cigars and the other 1% between the occasional cigarette or pipe, I find that I no longer hack when I wake up, wheeze when I exert myself, or produce thick brown sputum. Nor do I find myself at work or in the car with that overwhelming need to smoke right now or go crazy. Life is much better on my basic 2 cigar a day plan.


    And these are only SOME of the benefits of kicking the cigarettes to the curb. Sounds like you have a workable plan going, here. Good move, Bro.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I quit for my wife's birthday last month, but had a bit of a rough period so I picked them back up a couple of weeks ago. I just finished the last of a pack of Special Blend Black... That's it, done! No more! Now, I've got more money for my beloved ceeeegars!
  • webmostwebmost Dull-AwarePosts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    So for the people who smoke both, are you inhaling the cigar as well?


    When I was in college I smoked both ... but I never inhaled.

    Later in life, when I used the cigar, it was not lit. That is, depending what your definition of was was.

    Come on, Mon, inhale my cigar. That's a good girl.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)


  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn HahahahaaaaaPosts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭
    I smoke both but also don't inhale cigars. Yes cigarettes kill a lot of senses but that's why I opt for a fuller cigar. Also cigars take time to smoke! Cigarettes are good for quick occasions... But a cigar should be enjoyed. For the most part cigarettes to me is mostly force of habit
    Money can't buy taste
  • VisionVision Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭
    Oddly enough I have never had a cigarette in my life. My wife quit 2 years ago.
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    I quit 2yrs ago or more and I don't see my self going back
Sign In or Register to comment.