Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Speaking of West Virgina Documentaries

bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
Has anyone seen The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia? It's a documentary following this outlaw (read: white trash) family in WV. It would be nice to know people didn't live and act like that, but they do.

Comments

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I've seen it.. have a ton of family just like them in Arkansas. Any docu that has Hank III in it is aces in my book.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this "Jessco", the buck dancer?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Amos Umwhat:
    Is this "Jessco", the buck dancer?
    Yeah, it's about Jesco White's family. Great documentary.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    Has anyone seen The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia? It's a documentary following this outlaw (read: white trash) family in WV. It would be nice to know people didn't live and act like that, but they do.
    Most people here in WV don't watch that trash. They're just ignorant pieces of crap always have been. The producers came here for the sole purpose of finding the most redneck inbred scum of the earth they could find and they succeeded. Yes they are really like that in real life. What really ticks me off is that people watch this and actually think that's how it is here.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and hope I didn't sound like I was getting red with anyone. But I get pissed everytime I hear someone mention the Whites of WV.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I hated it. All I can say. Junkie idiots
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Oh and hope I didn't sound like I was getting red with anyone. But I get pissed everytime I hear someone mention the Whites of WV.
    I'm sure that gets old. Unfortunately the societal extremes are what makes ratings. I really liked the parts of that show where the normal people from town were interviewed and basically talked about how much better their city would be if it weren't for a few certain families.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Anyone that watches this film, and thinks all of WV is like the Whites is a bigger idiot than any of them are...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Anyone that watches this film, and thinks all of WV is like the Whites is a bigger idiot than any of them are...
    true.

saw it. just thought the family was crazy. not the state. ive been to the state to backpack. some real good people out that way.
    got some great stories.
    kinda wanna go back.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    There are good intelligent people all over fly over country.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    If you replaced whites with murphys and made it Arkansas I'd swear it was home movies