Home Cigar 101
Options

Beads. How much is needed?

VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
Im looking at the 65RH Beads and I am trying to figure out how much is needed. I basically have two of the 5 Vegas 100ct Humi's and would love to know how much I need. I did look at the heartfelt site and it seems all I would need are two of the larger tubes in each of my humi's...or even one large on the bottom and one small in the top. My humi is at 71 atm and I am looking to move away from the 72RH Gel. I don't know how much of this post makes sense... I am falling asleep. Thanks guys

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    You can't use too much. The more you use the more stable your results.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    1/2lb in each would easily suffice
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    +1 - I agree, 1/2 lb/humidor should be plenty.

If you want to be extra precise though....check out the humidity bead calculator

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    jgibv:
    Shaun.Harrison87:

If you want to be extra precise though....check out the humidity bead calculator
    +1 for both posts
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Smokindaddy:
    jgibv:
    Shaun.Harrison87:

+1 for both posts
    Whatever number the calculator spits out, you'll be better off doubling it and going from there
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    where do you guys get your beads....i found heartfeltindustries.com and one other.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I have also used Ebay. Just have to make sure it is beads and not cat litter. There are a few online retailers that sell on ebay.
  • Options
    nickiam:
    where do you guys get your beads....i found heartfeltindustries.com and one other.
    Cigarmony.com
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Smokindaddy:
    nickiam:
    Cigarmony.com
    Do they sell the Conservagel beads? Nickiam, those things are the same as Heartfelt, but half the price
  • Options
    cmartincmartin Posts: 130
    I've been looking for those conservagel beads an haven't had any luck. The one website I found them doesn't let me order them. I ended up usining about 1lb of KL. it's solid at 68%.
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Smokindaddy:
    nickiam:
    Cigarmony.com
    Do they sell the Conservagel beads? Nickiam, those things are the same as Heartfelt, but half the price
    Yes they sure are. I have two pounds of them.
  • Options
    Cmartin, cigarmony.com has them
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    cmartin:
    I ended up usiing about 1lb of KL. it's solid at 68%.
    +1
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    marineatbn03:
    I have also used Ebay. Just have to make sure it is beads and not cat litter. There are a few online retailers that sell on ebay.
    x2 on ebay and being careful, the ones i ended up staying with were more like gel than anything else, but i couldnt get the seller to reply to my messages... i think it is some type of agricultural stuff; it likes to hold at 72 which is too high so ive been playing around with it. i currently have 1/2 lb in my 48 qt cooler.