Home General Discussion

Has anyone heard of Esteban Carreras?

mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
My local cigar bar is having an event next week and just wanted to know something about the brand. Thanks!

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Go to it. They are worth trying out. Especially the ones AJ makes...
  • SporusSporus Posts: 236
    I dig the 10 anos. Reminiscent of a Padron '64, dare I say.
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    My local cigar bar is having an event next week and just wanted to know something about the brand. Thanks!

I just went to one up here in Boston. I think they are great. I picked up one of each. All under $8 a stick.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! I've already got tickets so I will report here the out come!
    If you have John there he will take care of you. Every time I would start talking to him he would hand me a stick and say "If you like that one then try this one" I still bought 5 from him and got one free then too. Ended up with 9 for me, one for a friend and one for my dad. 11 sticks for the price of 5. There were only 10 people there I would guess. Real small shop here in Mass.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Very good smokes, especially for the price. The 10 Anos is I believe their priciest, but also tastiest. It's an AJ blend.
    ndhaon91:
    Very good smokes, especially for the price. The 10 Anos is I believe their priciest, but also tastiest. It's an AJ blend.
    Very nice to know, thanks Noah!
    If it is a guy named John, I'll be sure to tell him you said Hello Vision!
    Super excited for tonight. If anyone is in my area and wants to attend, let me know!
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    For what it's worth, I smoked the EC 5150 Torpedo last night. Yum!
    ndhaon91:
    For what it's worth, I smoked the EC 5150 Torpedo last night. Yum!
    Worth a lot!!! Especially since this stick is totally new to me! thanks again!
    Get the 10 year.....10 anos. I love it
    John is here! Which shop in Mass. Was it!
    Cigars r us. Tell him I'm the guy with the dud gurkha! I've been spreading the word
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    Yeah, The shop I smoke at has them. The 10 anos are really good stick. Reminds me of eating a handmade deli sandwich on whole wheat, with all the fixin's. mmmmmmmm 10 anos
    armaes8:
    Yeah, The shop I smoke at has them. The 10 anos are really good stick. Reminds me of eating a handmade deli sandwich on whole wheat, with all the fixin's. mmmmmmmm 10 anos
    bwahahahahaha! I actually can agree with you on that. They have a new cigar coming out that they are calling the "pig-tail" and it was amazing. I smoked the 10 anos and then the pigtail and the pigtail rocks. You gotta try it if it comes to a city near you!!!
    imageimageSSSSSSCCCCCCOOOOOOORRRRRRRREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you had a great time, and everybody here just echoed what I would've said - the 10 Anos is the stick to go for. I'm not sure I've had anything else from them that particularly impressed me, but the 10 Anos quickly became one of my favorite smokes.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    The 10 anos was very good, but be on the look out for the "pigtail" that should be out in a month or so! There's one in the pic above with no label!
    Was just going to let you guys know that John shot me an email with his Schedule for this weekend in case some of you were close enough to get out there! Tonight he will be at Cigar Depot in Douglasville, GA from 6-9. Tomorrow he will be at a place called DD and Co. from 2pm-5pm in Hiram, GA. Try to get out if you have a chance!