Home Cigar 101
Options

Cutting lanceros

SporusSporus Posts: 236
I have a Lotus lighter that has a punch cutter attached, so I mainly use it as my cuter and it works great, however, I just lit up a lost city lancero and the draw from the punch cut was super tight. Clipped a little more off with a guillotine and the draw was perfect.

Its this a normal thing with lanceros? I don't smoke many, so I'm wondering if I should make a note to cut them with a guillotine next time.

Comments

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i cut lanceros and torpedos, and use my punch for everything else. Im not sure if there is actually a reason, but ive never had a good draw when ive punched a lancero.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    try your teeth. it cost zero dollars.
  • Options
    jliu:
    What? And risk ruining these pearly yellows?
  • Options
    taythegibs:
    i cut lanceros and torpedos, and use my punch for everything else. Im not sure if there is actually a reason, but ive never had a good draw when ive punched a lancero.
    I think I'll go that route going forward. Just thought with the ring gauge that a punch would work perfect.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I punch pretty much everything. My punch is a lil too big for Lanceros so I cut those.
  • Options
    armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    I smoke my fair share of lancers. The cutter is by far the best. Sometimes i "V" cut it, and that works perfect too. I "V"cut pretty much everything unless its a fatty!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    It just depends. I've punched Lanceros and it worked great, I've also cut with a guillotine to no avail. Lanceros can be tricky due to the small RG, much less room for error when they're rolled.
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Only true gangsters roll this way
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    That's what I have been told by couple cigar makers. I had a opportunity to smoke with both Joerge and Jose Orlando Padron. Senior Padron told me the same. He told me a well constructed cigar should allow us to cut a cigar with teeth. I don't know, for some reason I do not like to do it.
    jliu:
  • Options
    rzaman:
    That's what I have been told by couple cigar makers. I had a opportunity to smoke with both Joerge and Jose Orlando Padron. Senior Padron told me the same. He told me a well constructed cigar should allow us to cut a cigar with teeth. I don't know, for some reason I do not like to do it.
    jliu:
    When I was in high school I did it all the time and got good at it. Just moisten and nibble at the end. But, I was also smoking Garcia y Vegas, so I'll go ahead and cut my Padron's and leave this in the back of my head for when I'm really drunk.
  • Options
    ParkerParker Posts: 1

I have smoked Lanceros for 25+ years. All quality Lancero sticks have a twisted cap. You bite that and you stick your gold tooth pick or your ice pick into the cap. Don’t go deeper than an inch and a half. Perfect draw perfect smoke guaranteed

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dee Zah!

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

DZR I hope

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:
    Dee Zah!

Boston for DZR