Home General Discussion

First good Gurka

bluezulubluezulu Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
I am not a fan of Gurkas usualy. I consider them the Hardees of cigars. Do a lot masters of nothing, any way. Had my first 4 star Gurka. The Gurka centurion with the double perfecto shape was amazing. The draw was one of the best I ever had in a cigar. The taste wasn't half bad either.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Centurian is an amazing cigar.

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Legend is good.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I've got a centurion in the cooler. Gonna have to fire it soon
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the Wicked Indie... Not bad for a $5 B&M stick.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Centurian is my fav Gurkha
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Huh. I've had two Centurians and they both fell apart on me. I like the Beast and the Titan.
  • *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    y2pascoe:
    Huh. I've had two Centurians and they both fell apart on me. I like the Beast and the Titan.
    yeah consistency is not their forte . . . .

Been through a few boxes of gurkhas in my day and it seems that about a third of them just plain old unwrap on you, which can be frustrating. Also, Blue Zulu, if you liked that one try the masters select perfecto. Their solid, nothing spectacular, but all in all a good smoke.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the Centurian was one of the few gurkhas that i liked. every now and then i pull one out that i have had for a few years and burn it. im not amazed but im always pleased.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I liked the Centurian perfecto. Tried a Ninja last week and thought it was nice.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    +1
    dennisking:
    Legend is good.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    i really liked the cellar reserve, although Rudy's blew up. I keep buying more...then sending them out because they are rare. Other than that, I had a centurian that was good...but had issues. I stay far away from them honestly..
  • Assassin, ninja, titan have been the most appealing for me. Also enjoy the beauty and crest(when the crests are on a good day.)
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    +1
    dennisking:
    Legend is good.

+2. Try a Legend.