Home General Discussion

Colibri grip cutters?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been eyeing the Colibri Grip Diesel Cutter, more because I like the looks of it, than anything else.
I have my Xikar Xi cutters, but for the price, I might just get one to have.

Anyone have one of these? How well are they holding up? Staying sharp?
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I'd be curious too, I have been using cheapo's, and they are starting to get dull. I just want to get a good one.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    They get the job done, but aren't a xikar.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I don't know how well they hold up, but I had a Colibri cutter when I first started out. Did the job just fine. The first time I used a Xikar however, I couldn't believe how much easier it cut. I've still got the Colibri grip... it's not the Diesel style, but it's the same other than the paint job. Shoot me a pm if you want, and I'll send it out for you to try before you she'll out dough for one if you'd like.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a xikar,vector and colibri. All are good but between the three I use the xikar for home and the Vector on travel. The colibri doesn't hold up as well and is not as sharp as either of the ones I have. Personally I don't like the colibri much and keep it in the car for "just I'm case" times
    Money can't buy taste
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. Kind of what I thought. I think I'll pass on the Colibri and stick with my old Xikars.
    Which reminds me, I should get one of them sent in and repaired and sharpened. LOL!

On that note, how many have had the springs fail on their xikar?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I had one when CCom first started carrying them. It's a good cutter, but the blades don't hold an edge well, and just can't compare to Palio or XiKar.
  • *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    I actually use this exact cutter, got it for christmas lasr year and it was a huge upgrade for me. Still feels sharp to me, but I've never used a palio or xikar, so I can't compare to those, but I'm still happy with mine.