Home General Discussion

Happy to see Alex online

rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
Hey y'all, I've been noticing that Alex has been on the boards a lot more recently and for the record, I think that it is really cool that he is becoming more active here with us. Just one more reason ccom is so great. Kudos Alex and thanks.

Comments

• Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I am sorry I have not been able to be as active in the past. I have been traveling back and forth to central america so much, I finally have a few weeks at home. Great to be able to hang with you guys more.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Alex Svenson:
    Thanks. I am sorry I have not been able to be as active in the past. I have been traveling back and forth to central america so much, I finally have a few weeks at home. Great to be able to hang with you guys more.

Alex if you need a personal secretary to travel with ya to central america I'd be glad to quit my job and help out !!! I can be your official cigar taster and food sampler and driver/bodyguard !!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i agree that its good.

i have been on cigar.com associated forum(s) for years. Many a good tidbit was picked up on from Alex.

I saw in another thread that you (Alex) said i had some good ideas regarding cigars. I feel very humbled to see that. I feel that whatever i know he understands to a much higher power. to me, cigars are a great, interesting hobby. to Alex they are life. he HAS to know them. his passion for all things cigar ensure his survival. I cant compete with that.
    ...nor would i try.

thank you for all the wonderful info.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Yes on a serious note its great to have someone with Alex's knowledge and abilitys on here on a regular basis. I know over the past few weeks I have definitly picked up some things from him I didn't know or understand for sure . Thats what makes this site so great...the people who are more than willing to share a wealth of knowledge ...Thank You Alex for your time, knowledge and this fantastic forum -Gene
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    no kidding, good to have you around more Alex. BTW, what parts of central america do you enjoy the most?
  • burchamsburchams Posts: 31
    I found this site by Googling cigars. Little did I know I was landing on the best site available for cigar enthusiaists everywhere. Alex's presence on these forums not only adds insight into the world of aficianados but also makes me feel comfortable buying from here. The connection created by having Executives communicate with you in real time is immeasurable. That being said, Kuzi, you ain't so bad either!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Same Same. I'm excited to be a part of the CCOM forum blend, i'm learning a ton and looking at cigars diffrentley now. Burcham said it well, having the executives in communication with the customers(or gang of trading, bombing, stick puffing, burro loving :) crew known as the forum!) is an awesome asset. Glad to see you around Alex, hope you're able to keep up the involvement brother!

Anyone else feel like were more like a small family(dysfunctional as we may be) than a posting forum? I do.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Anyone else feel like were more like a small family(dysfunctional as we may be) than a posting forum? I do.
    Most definitely. I belong to other forums for various hobbies and things, but there is only one that rivals ccom.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Same Same. I'm excited to be a part of the CCOM forum blend, i'm learning a ton and looking at cigars diffrentley now. Burcham said it well, having the executives in communication with the customers(or gang of trading, bombing, stick puffing, burro loving :) crew known as the forum!) is an awesome asset. Glad to see you around Alex, hope you're able to keep up the involvement brother!

hey watch that burro loving talk, some of us aren't into that sort of thing.... I understand it gets lonely on a ship but....
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    This is the only place I go to talk cigars. I've been made to feel really welcome here, even if I do make the odd mistake or two. These people are amazing, and in a rather stressful life, cigar smoking and this forum have really helped me mellow out.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    This is the only place I go to talk cigars. I've been made to feel really welcome here, even if I do make the odd mistake or two.
    many of us have made the same mistakes. I was a beginner once as well.

im fairly sure that Alex was born an expert...
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Speaking of Alex, I have a question. Alex, since I live in the same great state as CCOM, if I ever find myself out your way, is there any kind of tour or on-site retail presence? Or are you just a couple of offices and a big ole warehouse?

If it's the former, that would make an awesome roadtrip - visit CCOM in Bath and then the Yuengling brewery in Pottsville.
    Luko:
    Speaking of Alex, I have a question. Alex, since I live in the same great state as CCOM, if I ever find myself out your way, is there any kind of tour or on-site retail presence? Or are you just a couple of offices and a big ole warehouse?

If it's the former, that would make an awesome roadtrip - visit CCOM in Bath and then the Yuengling brewery in Pottsville.
    Just some offices and a warehouse.
    I love Latin America. I am partial to Esteli when it comes to work and cigars, but I will say that there are some crazy out of the way places I am been that are sick. Anybody ever planning travel in Nicaragua or Honduras needs to check with me first.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    I love Latin America. I am partial to Esteli when it comes to work and cigars, but I will say that there are some crazy out of the way places I am been that are sick. Anybody ever planning travel in Nicaragua or Honduras needs to check with me first.
    Do I smell a ccom trip? We pay travel expenses, Alex acts as liaison? Probably far fetched, but that would be sweeeet.
  • j0z3r:
    Alex Svenson:
    Do I smell a ccom trip? We pay travel expenses, Alex acts as liaison? Probably far fetched, but that would be sweeeet.
    That would be awsome. Unfortunatly I probably couldn't afford it but if I could... I used to frequent another cigar forum but since I found ccom I hardly visit it. Over there they insult each other and get all riled up when a new person asks a basic question thats been answered 700 times. Ccom is a very inviting place and I have no fear about posting here. Ck