Home Ratings & Reviews

The Third Dimension

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yes, I am more convinced than ever that there's a third dimension missing from every cigar review I read. The third dimension is what happens afterwards.

Since I've been keeping a cigar journal on my Android using the RateMyCigar app, I have boiled the third dimension down to these factors:

Morning Mouth I have spoken of elsewhere. That's the factor that makes my coffee delicious next morning.
Stinkfinger I have spoken of elsewhere. That's the wunnerfulness that has me furtively sniffing digits the rest of the night. I love when that works.
Then there's wheeze. Do I have a wet bubble or an unpleasant constriction next morning? Does that persist until my handball game next evening, or does it clear up by lunch? My faves leave me, maybe not clear, but unhampered.
Last, there's walls. Does the smoke from last night's stick foul the garage or TV room or wherever I did the deed? What do my walls exhale next morning?

I am convinced this third dimension needs to be included in a thorough review, and ratings adjusted accordingly.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Yes, I am more convinced than ever that there's a third dimension missing from every cigar review I read. The third dimension is what happens afterwards.

Since I've been keeping a cigar journal on my Android using the RateMyCigar app, I have boiled the third dimension down to these factors:

Morning Mouth I have spoken of elsewhere. That's the factor that makes my coffee delicious next morning.
    Stinkfinger I have spoken of elsewhere. That's the wunnerfulness that has me furtively sniffing digits the rest of the night. I love when that works.
    Then there's wheeze. Do I have a wet bubble or an unpleasant constriction next morning? Does that persist until my handball game next evening, or does it clear up by lunch? My faves leave me, maybe not clear, but unhampered.
    Last, there's walls. Does the smoke from last night's stick foul the garage or TV room or wherever I did the deed? What do my walls exhale next morning?

I am convinced this third dimension needs to be included in a thorough review, and ratings adjusted accordingly.

Then get to writing, bro! I experience some of the same things after a smoke. Thought I was the only weird one here...
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The walls, your books, clothes, furniture. All this and more.

I built an outside man cave as soon as I moved into my present house. Cleaning the last one prior to selling it was a real learning experience.
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    beatnic:

I built an outside man cave as soon as I moved into my present house. Cleaning the last one prior to selling it was a real learning experience.
    I will be building an outside man cave this winter/spring. Would you mind posting pics and offering some advice from what you've learned? Sorry to hijack the post.

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Streater:
    beatnic:

I will be building an outside man cave this winter/spring. Would you mind posting pics and offering some advice from what you've learned? Sorry to hijack the post.

I closed in a double car carport.