Home Non Cigar Related
Options

California Tobacco Tax

Looks like it has a narrow lead right now. I'd really rather it not pass.

Comments

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    where you seeing the results thus far?
  • Options
    SporusSporus Posts: 236
    sfgate. Hopefully when we wake up this will all just be a bad dream.
  • Options
    arg... I hope so man. one way or another we are having a serious celebration herf after this
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Meh....I'll still buy here, when they stop that, I'll still buy here....and just have a brother ship it to me. It will kill the B&M's though....which really sucks
  • Options
    interpim:
    Yeah! Latest I read was that its up 50.8% to 49.2% with about 200,000 ballots left to go. The lead is 60,000.
  • Options
    Sporus:
    interpim:
    Yeah! Latest I read was that its up 50.8% to 49.2% with about 200,000 ballots left to go. The lead is 60,000.
    and by "up" I mean "down"
  • Options
    wa hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I would like to take this moment and thank everyone. You guys have been my inspiration. My powa. My all. domo arigato
  • Options
    We had our game plan, we just had to go out to the polls and execute. Gave 110%, couldn't be more proud of our voters. Really pulled it together when things got tough. Rose to the challenge in the face of adversity. 110%. Big win. Execute.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Awesome!!!!!!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    hell yes! I took 10 people, in 2 cars, to the local retirement home to vote... good times and jello had by all...

IMG_20120606_074819
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congratulations! I didn't know it was possible to vote down more taxes in CA
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Thank goodness. Although the B&M I went to today to browse, already had the tax in there. Seriously crazy expensive.
  • Options
    james40:
    Thank goodness. Although the B&M I went to today to browse, already had the tax in there. Seriously crazy expensive.
    Really? I was at a B&M over the weekend and asked the owner when it would take effect if passed and he said he wasn't sure. Doesn't seem like they could put it into effect immediately.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Well, it appeared they had the amount of tax included due to the high price. It was definitely most I had ever seen for cigars. Not sure if it's cool, but they had the small Camacho 3x Maduro for $26. Insane.
  • Options
    Wow! That is pricey. There's a hookah bar/smoke shop by my place that had Oliva V's for a similar price. Not sure of there are rare ones or anything, but that seemed a bit egregious.