Home Cigar 101
Options

Revive....

I picked up some cigars on my trip to Puerto Rico earlier this month. They are still in there tubes and wrappers. Can I use my humidor to revive them?

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    If they are still in their tubes they should be ok, just put em in your humi at 70% rh for about 6 weeks and they should be ok. The ones in wrappers, if your speaking of the cellophane, as long as the wrapper leaf on the cigar isnt peeling or chipping off, this should be fine after 6-8 weeks as well. Just dont try to balst them with humidity to try and quicken the process.
  • Options
    SlickRSSlickRS Posts: 44
    Jetmech_63:
    If they are still in their tubes they should be ok, just put em in your humi at 70% rh for about 6 weeks and they should be ok. The ones in wrappers, if your speaking of the cellophane, as long as the wrapper leaf on the cigar isnt peeling or chipping off, this should be fine after 6-8 weeks as well. Just dont try to balst them with humidity to try and quicken the process.
    Thank you for the info. I would hate to think that the cigars that I bought on my vacation go to waste. Puerto Rico is where I was introduced to cigar smoking. So once again thank you.