Home Non Cigar Related
Options

NHL playoffs

LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
Anybody watching? Pens sure look good, huh?

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The Pens look real good, and my Bruins are up 3 games to 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    Hey Luko ( OTSF) Penguins are my second favorite team.. Love these guys toughness and team playing style... Just finished watching the game. I really want them to go all the way..
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    Hey Luko ( OTSF) Penguins are my second favorite team.. Love these guys toughness and team playing style... Just finished watching the game. I really want them to go all the way..
    Sweet...how bout Fleury tonigh? He was unbelievable. They got their new coach about 25/30 games ago and they're a totally different team now.
  • Options
    Been a Hockey fan forever, and I always enjoy the Pens.. I don't get to see enough of their games, so I really enjoy when the playoffs come around.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I've been half-heartedly following the playoffs. With the Stars out of it, I don't have that much interest. That, and I have no medium to watch the games. The NHL really needs to get a better television deal.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    They are one of my favs as well. I love the coyotes and I do still have love for the stars. All the NHL needs is the Fiery Squirrels or something like that.
  • Options
    4 game sweep of the Habs! Thanks in large part to former Canadien Ryder who had 2 goals and 1 assist last night. Lots of Bruins firing on all cylinders right now. The Pens gonna clinch it tonight or what?
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    Some things never change. We (Caps) put twice as many shots on goal and still lose because of a red hot goalie. It happened against Khabibulin/Tampa, the "Moose"/Pittsburgh, and Biron/Philly. This will be 5 playoffs in a row without advancing to the second round if they don't light a fire in their ****. Elimination game is tonight. : ( I really would like to see the Caps make it to the semi-finals again before the Mayan calendar kills us all in 2012.
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    4 game sweep of the Habs! Thanks in large part to former Canadien Ryder who had 2 goals and 1 assist last night. Lots of Bruins firing on all cylinders right now. The Pens gonna clinch it tonight or what?
    They'll clinch on Saturday...last night didn't happen.
  • Options
    I surely hope so.. I have to go watch the game now...
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    I surely hope so.. I have to go watch the game now...
    And so it came to pass...
  • Options
    They had me yelling at the telivision today, and I almost turned the game off, but all it took was a little fight, take advantage of power plays, stay out of the ( penalty) box, and they are moving on. Now let's see if the Blackhawks can do something.
  • Options
    GO CAPS!
  • Options
    jlzimmerman:
    GO CAPS!
    STOP... Go Penguins or Blackhawks..
  • Options
    The Beantown Boys took those fellas from Carolina to school on Friday night. Off to a great start but I doubt it will be an easy series. They're goin' at it again tonight.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    jlzimmerman:
    GO CAPS!
    STOP... Go Penguins or Blackhawks..
    You watch those Pens tonight, Kasper? Man did they need that win. We squeaked it out, but that was an awesome game, especially the OT period. Malkin came to play today.
  • Options
    iwsmith2iwsmith2 Posts: 65
    GO PENS!
  • Options
    I think the Caps forgot that they have an attacking zone also. sheesh.
  • Options
    I saw some of the highlights with Malkin making everyone look like they were standing still and watching the show. Amazing stick handler. Someone tied cement blocks around the ankles of the Bruins defensemen, Staal is making them look like imbeciles. Two losses in a row, augh.
  • Options
    Yeah the penguins are playing some hockey now.. Series tied. They are looking strong to take this series. Let's hope so.
  • Options
    Yeah, let's just hope Gonchar comes back after the dirty flying knee from Ovechkin.
  • Options
    Let's Go Pens...I need to buy Sam a drink and get his dog one too.
  • Options
    Looks like they are going on there Luko ( OTSF ). 5-0 in the second, that should do it ! My Blackhawks are already on the next round, Hmmm, could it happen ? Hawks/ Penguins
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Looks like they are going on there Luko ( OTSF ). 5-0 in the second, that should do it ! My Blackhawks are already on the next round, Hmmm, could it happen ? Hawks/ Penguins
    Yeah baby...looking good. I would have been hard pressed to say there's a dirtier team in pro sports than the Flyers, but the Capitals are making quite a case for themselves...stay classy Washington.
  • Options
    Luko:
    Yeah baby...looking good. I would have been hard pressed to say there's a dirtier team in pro sports than the Flyers, but the Capitals are making quite a case for themselves...stay classy Washington.
    Still crying about the knee-on-knee incident? Jesus. Look at the footage dude, it was an accident. It's hockey, it happens.
  • Options
    jlzimmerman:
    Luko:
    Still crying about the knee-on-knee incident? Jesus. Look at the footage dude, it was an accident. It's hockey, it happens.
    Not so much that as the gazillion high sticks and *** like that that happened tonight...how bout you, must be a Caps fan? Still crying about the blowout? One of these decades the Caps will figure out how to win a playoff series.
  • Options
    Well anyway, besides that disagreement, it was a great series and so is the Canes/Bruins...good hockey this spring. It'd be interesting to see the Pens vs. Red Wings again, but either the Canes or Bruins is going to be a touch match up for the Pens. I thought Varlamov was the Caps best player iin this series, just had a rough night, which is to be expected for a 21-year-old...he's been playing lights out until tonight.
  • Options
    Luko:
    jlzimmerman:
    Luko:
    Not so much that as the gazillion high sticks and *** like that that happened tonight...how bout you, must be a Caps fan? Still crying about the blowout? One of these decades the Caps will figure out how to win a playoff series.
    I'm not crying about the blowout. They sucked and deserved to lose the series. As far as the high sticks, I bet you were ok with the penalties that they drew. And on the subject of playing dirty, the Pens got away a few themselves. Like the non-call on Letang's cross-check in the attacking zone last night. It happens on both sides, always has....I remember in a series years ago when The "Moose" almost took out Halpern of the series when he slashed him (unseen by the officials of course) in the calf. Playoff hockey just gets like that.

Game 7 of Bruins/'Canes should be great. The Ducks/Brownwings series has been pretty awesome too.
  • Options
    Yeah, I reread my post and I didn't mean to come off sound like quite such a richard head. Kind of a heat-o-the-moment type thing. I think the Caps were great in this series, and occasionally a little cheap (if I was a fan of the Caps I'd call it chippy). Pens were too at times, like Letang. I think Ovechkin is unbelievable, but he takes runs at everyone all the time (regardless of whether it's within the bounds of sportsmanship). Sure he can do it, and it's not cheap or illegal per se, but like I heard one commentator say, some day some chump from another team with a vendetta is going to take a run at Ovechkin as retribution and potentially do some serious damage. Which is a shame given his immense talent.

Anyway, I'm rambling...great series...hope the rest are close to that good. Caps were a good opponent and about 1/1,000,000,000,000th as cheap and dirty as the Flyers.
  • Options
    All righty, Still Love to see my two favorites Penguins/ Blackhawks...Hey !! It could happen..First let's get past those pesky Redwings.