Home Ratings & Reviews

I Love You, You're Perfect... Now Change! A Husband and Wife POV Review

Comments

• IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:
    The Sniper:
    IrishAJ:
    Hey GOOD FRIEND you are not very nice! Please do not call me that at all you are very rude whether you meant it or not! Please refrain from using such language on this thread it is very disrespectful *Grrr* (I will freeze a pinapple and throw it at you and you can ask a friend of mine he nearly got castrated after he dislocated my hip with a kick and I threw one at his precious man berries) That is all I am saying on the topic. *Hmph*
    Darlin, you're gonna have to give my good GOOD FRIEND some slack on this one I think please... in this case its not only entirely warranted (see my recent posts in the Things I Hate thread under Non-Cigar Related), but also probably the NICEST thing anyone can say about the woman at this point. ;-)

After you read that, if you still are offended I will take the quote out. With 7 surgeries between two knees, I just dont dodge frozen pineapples like I used to. :-)

Glen thanks for being so considerate and thoughtful, Amanda has Pm'd you with an explanation but suffice to say that it really was all a misunderstanding. Thank you all though, and it's all good and no worries :D

All good? All good, you say?!?
    I call BS!! There's frozen pineapple involved, for Chrisakes!
    I thought I explained earlier about my very rude outburst...A frozen pineapple from and Irish woman should be the least of your worries, we're more lethal with apples, ;P
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    IrishAJ:
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:
    The Sniper:
    IrishAJ:
    Hey GOOD FRIEND you are not very nice! Please do not call me that at all you are very rude whether you meant it or not! Please refrain from using such language on this thread it is very disrespectful *Grrr* (I will freeze a pinapple and throw it at you and you can ask a friend of mine he nearly got castrated after he dislocated my hip with a kick and I threw one at his precious man berries) That is all I am saying on the topic. *Hmph*
    Darlin, you're gonna have to give my good GOOD FRIEND some slack on this one I think please... in this case its not only entirely warranted (see my recent posts in the Things I Hate thread under Non-Cigar Related), but also probably the NICEST thing anyone can say about the woman at this point. ;-)

After you read that, if you still are offended I will take the quote out. With 7 surgeries between two knees, I just dont dodge frozen pineapples like I used to. :-)

Glen thanks for being so considerate and thoughtful, Amanda has Pm'd you with an explanation but suffice to say that it really was all a misunderstanding. Thank you all though, and it's all good and no worries :D

I thought I explained earlier about my very rude outburst...A frozen pineapple from and Irish woman should be the least of your worries, we're more lethal with apples, ;P

Are we talking McIntosh, Golden Delicious or Granny Smith?
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    IrishAJ:
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:
    The Sniper:
    IrishAJ:

Nothing rude about it girl - you stated how you felt and thats NEVER wrong. Besides, look - I fixed it! :-)

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    IrishAJ:
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:
    The Sniper:
    IrishAJ:

Nothing rude about it girl - you stated how you felt and thats NEVER wrong. Besides, look - I fixed it! :-)

Thank you Glen! I <3 you and your signature too bro ;P
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    "a little birdie told me you like the smaller sizes."

ZING!
    y2pascoe:
    The Sniper:

ZING!

Ouch...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Great reviews y'all. I can't wait to try these. When and what will be your next one?
    Toombes:
    y2pascoe:
    The Sniper:

ZING!

Ouch...
    SOOOO not meant that way you two, stop trying to stir up trouble! LOL Besides, a little hint... teh little birdie that told me that has a screen name that begins with 90+... :-)

The Sniper:
    Toombes:
    y2pascoe:
    The Sniper:

ZING!

Ouch...
    SOOOO not meant that way you two, stop trying to stir up trouble! LOL Besides, a little hint... teh little birdie that told me that has a screen name that begins with 90+... :-)

LMAO y'all are terrible lol! Luckily I've got a lot of confidence... warranted that is, so it's all good ;)

As for the next tandem review... late this week or this weekend, but coming up soon :) Not sure what we will review next, only have multiples of 3 or 4 cigars so not quite sure yet.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Toombes:
    IrishAJ:
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:
    The Sniper:
    IrishAJ:

Are we talking McIntosh, Golden Delicious or Granny Smith?
    Maybe I should clarify, it doesn't matter what kind of apple, it has to potential to become a lethal weapons, lol.
    The Sniper:
    Toombes:
    y2pascoe:
    The Sniper:

ZING!

Ouch...

If your talking about me, yes I am very petite when it comes to horizontally but I am over 5' 6" so I'm not little vertically.
    IrishAJ:
    The Sniper:
    Toombes:
    y2pascoe:
    The Sniper:

ZING!

Ouch...

If your talking about me, yes I am very petite when it comes to horizontally but I am over 5' 6" so I'm not little vertically.
    OK, let me head this one off at the pass....

GET YOUR MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTER, SHE DIDNT MEAN IT LIKE THAT, AND I DONT WANNA HEAR A SINGLE SNIDE COMMENT OUT OF ANYONE. :-)

Will you two please review something already before this thread becomes further derailed in a direction nobody wants it to go? LMAO!!!! :-)

The Sniper:
    IrishAJ:
    The Sniper:
    Toombes:
    y2pascoe:
    The Sniper:

ZING!

Ouch...

OK, let me head this one off at the pass....

GET YOUR MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTER, SHE DIDNT MEAN IT LIKE THAT, AND I DONT WANNA HEAR A SINGLE SNIDE COMMENT OUT OF ANYONE. :-)

Will you two please review something already before this thread becomes further derailed in a direction nobody wants it to go? LMAO!!!! :-)

Hahahahaha! Wow talk about a bit of a derailment... Ok so back on point, weather crapped on us tonight so we couldn't get a smoke in this evening, but tomorrow looks clear :) Got a few choices of cigars that I've got duplicates of; JdN Celebracion Toro, Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Silver, Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Gold 50 Year, MoW Side Projects Little Devil, and Tatuaje Especiales (Tat Lancero's Brown Unico Type Label).... any preferences?
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    My vote is for the Little devil one of my faviortie sticks to come out so far this year.
    Voting for either of the Torano's here. Love em both, and would enjoy reading the Irish'es perspective on em. Although I gotta throw the penalty flag here - when is AJ gonna get to choose the stick for review? Im sure you're gonna love reviewing one of her infused faves! LOL

When I look at it from that perspective, suddenly being sans wife doesnt seem so bad. LOL All about finding the silver lining I suppose... :-D

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Great review, and it's really cool that your wife is in on it too.
    Well brothers and sisters... Ask and ye shall receive ;) Sitting out on the back porch doing another tandem review :) This time we changed it up, went the infused route and reviewing the CAO Cherrybomb together, so the review should be posted tonight or early tomorrow :D
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    cherry cigars aye...
    Sorry for the wait everyone! We were having problems with our internet connection (my vote is old router), Thanks for your patience, now here's your reward!

CAO Flavors Cherrybomb

Initial Thoughts: Having tried various infused flavored cigars I was curious about a flavor profile from a yet unexplored cherry infusion. My guess it might be similar to the artificial flavor you get from candy and various children’s medicine (I weight about 103 lbs. so I usually have to take children’s over the counter medicine, because adult medicine is to powerful for me).

Wrapper: Light brown with shades of dark brown; almost like tiger stripes.

Lick: A very overpowering sweet, its not really a distinct cherry flavor but more of a general sweet; like cotton candy.

First Light: Very light flavor profile, no distinct cherry flavor yet.

First half thoughts: The cherry flavor is very subtle in this cigar. Like many other CAO flavors I half expected them to make the flavor more powerful; but it stayed to CAO tradition and had the flavor work with the natural flavors of the tobacco.

Final Thoughts: As enjoyable as infused cigars are, they all have distinct ammonia like taste as you come about an inch to half an inch from nubbing it. But on a whole I prefer CAO flavors to any other infused cigars. There is one main reason why: The infused flavor doesn’t over power the natural splendor of the natural flavors of the tobacco, in fact they usually play very well together and enhance each other.

Happy smoke trails all!
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Very nice review. Now tell your husband to stop messing with his shorts and post his review here. Yes, that came out exactly as I intended it to. :)

Edit: Also "happy smoke trails" is genius.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    CAO Flavours Cherrybomb

Manufacturer: ST Group
    Size: Petite Corona 4” X 40
    Wrapper: Cameroon
    Binder/Filler: Dominican Republic

Draw: Pre-light draw offers minor resistance, but opens up perfectly upon lighting. 9/10 pts
    Construction: This one felt rather light in the hand even for a petite corona, but the construction was solid, no cracks, veins, with minimal tooth. 9/10 pts
    Body: Mild body that stays mild throughout the entirety of the cigar. 7/10 pts
    Balance: The balance started off poorly with the cherry being overpowering at first, but after the first inch in it settles in nicely and calms down a lot. 7.5/10 pts
    Total Smoking Time: 30 min

Smoking Experience:
    The Cherrybomb starts off true to it’s namesake; a bomb-blast of maraschino cherry that is very prominent through the retrohale. Initially for me it’s far to overpowering and I’m hoping it will settle down and be less in your face. So far all I’ve been able to taste is heavy cherry with vanilla with little to no tobacco taste. However at the 1” mark it dies down considerably and becomes much more balanced letting in notes of mild anise, some dry leather, and toasted tobacco. The balance is less of a flavored cigar at this point and more of a mild infusion, which I actually am enjoying now that it has settled in. The burn is mildly wavy but for the most part no touch ups are needed and the ash holds a little over an inch each time. Towards the end the anise and leather grow slightly in strength that helps to take away the mild chemical taste from the cherry. The cherry and vanilla hit your palate on the backside of your tongue and is strongest still on the retrohale. The flavors really don’t evolve much through the stick since it is such a short smoke, but on the whole I have enjoyed it. The ending is slightly acrid and hot but it wasn’t overpowering.

As a side note, I’m not rating this one like I normally do since I typically don’t smoke infused cigars and feel it wouldn’t be a fair rating. I will say that in a larger vitola like Amanda’s that it was a better representation and tasted quite good and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a sweeter smoke.

Ken Light:
    Very nice review. Now tell your husband to stop messing with his shorts and post his review here. Yes, that came out exactly as I intended it to. :)

Be nice, he had three reviews to type up and his handwriting is really hard to read and takes awhile to type up.
    Ken Light:

LMAO Ken! You know just for you I may have to take an Enfidl type photo to post up to scar you.... Then you won't want to comment on me messing with my shorts lol! On another note though, thank you for the kind words brother and for reading what we have to say it means a lot :)
    IrishAJ:
    Ken Light:

Be nice, he had three reviews to type up and his handwriting is really hard to read and takes awhile to type up.
    Hahaha the bad handwriting is true... Doctors and lawyers look at it and then ask me "WTF!?!? Did you have a seizure when you were writing or are you just brain dead!?"... It's pretty bad haha
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    IrishAJ:
    Ken Light:

Hahaha the bad handwriting is true... Doctors and lawyers look at it and then ask me "WTF!?!? Did you have a seizure when you were writing or are you just brain dead!?"... It's pretty bad haha
    Haha, just giving him **** 'cause the time stamp showed he was messing with his shorts first. Also I can't resist a good pun on that shorts thread.

My handwriting tends to suck as well. It's funny, I used to make fun of my dad for his unreadable signature when I was younger. Now they're nearly identical (we have the same name and middle initial).
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Excellent reviews, kids!
    RE-VIEWS! RE-VIEWS! RE-VIEWS! RE-VIEWS!!! :-D

The Sniper:

Hahahha well we might not be able to do reviews for awhile.... I'll let you know and explain this afternoon...
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Good to see ya back Brett after a brief hiatus. Was getting worried with the fires and such in CO.
    90+ Irishman:
    The Sniper:

Hahahha well we might not be able to do reviews for awhile.... I'll let you know and explain this afternoon...
    Unless your lips fell off from too much smooching YOU CUTE COUPLE YOU, no excuse is gonna fly.

If your lips DID fall off from too much smooching, well... thats what Gorilla glue is for! :-) Now get to reviewing!