Home General Discussion

Alex Question...

2»

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    rwheelwright:
    Thanks man, but I need to get this particular one. Because I play sax and I play a really big mouthpiece, I have to get something that will accomodate this. I actually have two at home. I have a plastic Vito and a Wodden Bosey and Hawks. Both SUCK! I actually started on clarinet but switched to sax a year later and haven't really been able to play since. I have such a hard time with air flow because the clarinet can't accept the amount of air I am used to putting into a horn. One of my teachers recommended this particular clarinet because it does a better job at this for me.
    There are so many unintentional sexual innuendos in this paragraph. It's like a "that's what she said" gaff-a-thon!

Edit: woah! old thread! This trip sounds awesome, btw.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    If I remember correctly, it was 450$ for the Safari and it includes food, transportation to and from the hacienda, very nice place to stay (you can smoke in the room) and smoke all the cigars you want. You get your own room with a bed, kitchenette and there is one bathroom for two rooms, so you share it with the people next to you. You have to pay for the flights to and from though.

And Fabian's biggest tip was to stay away from the water in country and don't order anything with ice on the flight back because the plane refills their ice from the ice in Nicaragua.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Garen B:
    If I remember correctly, it was 450$ for the Safari and it includes food, transportation to and from the hacienda, very nice place to stay (you can smoke in the room) and smoke all the cigars you want.
    I was about to say "I'm SOLD!" until the

Garen B:
    You have to pay for the flights to and from though.
    part... That adds a LOT of $$ onto the trip, but it's understandable.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hays:
    That adds a LOT of $$ onto the trip, but it's understandable.
    Awe c'mon Hays, word on the street is that you're rollin on 22's and dropping hundies like they're on fire. We all saw that pic of you in your pimpin' suit. Big Smile [:D]
    j0z3r:
    Hays:
    That adds a LOT of $$ onto the trip, but it's understandable.
    Awe c'mon Hays, word on the street is that you're rollin on 22's and dropping hundies like they're on fire. We all saw that pic of you in your pimpin' suit. Big Smile [:D]
    LMAO....Maybe the "hundies", but you'd NEVER see me on 22s. I'm much more of a 1964 Aston Martin DB4 kinda guy ;-)

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    So I was just checking online, and if I were to book a flight 2 months out I could fly to Nicaragua and back for about $475. So basically the trip would cost me $900-$1000 if all worked out according to plan. Not a small chunk of change, but I guess if I was planning for it and set the money aside it would be feasible.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Hays:
    you'd NEVER see me on 22s. I'm much more of a 1964 Aston Martin DB4 kinda guy ;-)
    Hell yeah!! The mention of that car gives me a hard on. That is my FAVORITE Aston martin. The 1962 is a VERY close second.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    This would be awesome! How much are we estimating this costing??? Anyone have a rough ball park figure so I can start saving now!!!!
    Alex Williams:
    Hays:
    you'd NEVER see me on 22s. I'm much more of a 1964 Aston Martin DB4 kinda guy ;-)
    Hell yeah!! The mention of that car gives me a hard on. That is my FAVORITE Aston martin. The 1962 is a VERY close second.
    Your favorite huh? You mean like this one???

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402

hmm, sounds like a great idea; but the idea of travelling down south makes me rather nervous. Poking around, I found this (opinion article from WSJ, but still quite interesting):

2/22/2010 - Managua, Nicaragua

With Iran and Venezuela in political, economic and military cahoots, Tehran has gained a foothold in South America. Now Nicaragua is at risk of being added to the list of authoritarian governments aligned with Venezuela and by association, its Islamic ally.

Whether that happens will depend heavily on whether Sandinista President Daniel Ortega succeeds in circumventing Nicaragua's rule of law and destroying its democratic institutions, as he is now trying to do. It would be a mistake to underestimate the magnitude of this threat because of Nicaragua's relative economic unimportance. This place matters strategically, as the Soviets understood very well.

The Nicaraguan case is eerily similar to the attempted power grab by Honduras's pro-Ch