Home General Discussion
Options

Waiting Period

when you recieve a new set of cigars from an internet order should I wait a day or two before placing them in my humidior or should they go directly in the humidor once I receive them?

Comments

• Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    they go directly in. (In fact, if you dont put them directly in and they arent from a good vendor like ccom and contain no RH packets...you stand an excellent chance of ruining them if you live in an ambient <40% RH area.)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i put them right into the humi as well.

i wait at least 6 weeks to pull them back out though.
  • Options
    Speaking of Humi-Packets when receiving shipments from CC, the last handful of times the packet has been completely bone dry. I give CC kudos for placing them in there but they should not be dry by the time it gets to me. has anyone else had this experience?
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    LuvMycigar.blogspot.com:
    Speaking of Humi-Packets when receiving shipments from CC, the last handful of times the packet has been completely bone dry. I give CC kudos for placing them in there but they should not be dry by the time it gets to me. has anyone else had this experience?
    never happened to me, I have plenty of packs and they've always been fine...in fact...I usually leave them out to let them dry out till I need them, and they last just sitting out for a good long time.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    LuvMycigar.blogspot.com:
    never had a dry one. I have had some split or leak which sucks as it leaves the cello all sticky. thankfully hasn't been on any non-cello cigars.

As far as the question of the thread goes, I usually throw my cigars in my humi or tupp-ador. I really only buy from 5 places 2 mainly. I know they all are good shops so I don't really worry about any issues with the cigars. I just have a 90 day or longer waiting period before I smoke any of them, though when cigars are new, such as the relic or others I will light one up but only just to appease my curiosity.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    The last lets say 10 orders I have placed including cotm orders have been dry. I just charge them when I get them.
  • Options
    the RH in mine was like 80%(i tested)
  • Options
    are there any smoke you can have right out of the box?....my collection(just started a few months back)/will power(Id chain smoke them if i could) will not let me wait 90days
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Jeff, you do not, as a necessity, need to age or even rest all of your cigars. Some cigars, quite a few indeed, will smoke fresh just fine, heck, some are even better that way. Really, the only way to tell if a cigar needs age is to smoke it and see.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Therre have been reports in the past of humi packs leaking onto cigars. I've even had one. From what I understand the humi packs are paper thin before wetting and they are only slightly dampened to prevent leaking. If this is the case, All Hail Ccom.
  • Options
    "Jeff, you do not, as a necessity, need to age or even rest all of your cigars. Some cigars, quite a few indeed, will smoke fresh just fine, heck, some are even better that way. Really, the only way to tell if a cigar needs age is to smoke it and see. When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. Thomas Jefferson " well that and if it smells like grass or ammonia ....it that case STAY AWAY...unless you like the look of the contents of your stomach on your shoes..