Home General Discussion

Xicar and a why?

Got my fuel in today. Xicar Butane.... Bled the lighter, filled her up (the lighter), and then fired it up.... this is the craptacular mess I am dealing with. Why is this happening.... NO TORCH.... Its like a $60 bic! I followed the directions to the T.

Photobucket

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... I just noticed that my WIFE has made her own account! That post above was ME VISION from her laptop which she was logged into the forums..... I wonder what she had in store for me?!?!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok ready? First look where the fuel comes out at the top of the lighter. You will notice there is a hole where the fuel comes out and around it there are little slits. The little slits get clogged from time to time. Try blowing on it really hard a couple times to unclog them it that doesn't work you have to take it apart and find what is constricting the air flow
    Money can't buy taste
    OMG OMG OMG NOW ITS A FLAME THROWER. Its literally spitting fire.
    Photobucket

Not normal?
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Turn flame down!!!!!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Vision:
    Photobucket

Not normal?
    SWEET!! DO WANT!!

What kind of Xikar lighter is that anyway?

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Crazy question bro... Are you sure that is supposed to be the torch and not the soft flame version of that lighter?
    Room 101 EXII
    BigT06:
    Crazy question bro... Are you sure that is supposed to be the torch and not the soft flame version of that lighter?

I thought the same and asked my wife, who bought it for me. She went back to the site and receipt and its SUPPOSED to be a torch.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    BigT06:
    That's what I was wondering
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    Photobucket

Not normal?

That would explain the strange borealis-type light show I noticed earlier!
    Toombes:
    Vision:
    Photobucket

Not normal?

Anyone know a good roofer?
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Hahahah, that is awesome!
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    Toombes:
    Vision:
    Photobucket

Not normal?

Anyone know a good roofer?
    Now that's a fire!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    At any rate Vision, it's a Xikar, so bleed the tank and send it in. They'll either fix it or replace it. I suggest doing it before that thing blows your hand off!!
    xmacro:
    At any rate Vision, it's a Xikar, so bleed the tank and send it in. They'll either fix it or replace it. I suggest doing it before that thing blows your hand off!!

Yea... Im done. Off to the local Xicar dealer tomorrow. I will trade it for the Liga. I guess the 101 isnt being produced anymore.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Vision:
    xmacro:

Yea... Im done. Off to the local Xicar dealer tomorrow. I will trade it for the Liga. I guess the 101 isnt being produced anymore.
    I LOVE the Liga lighter. If I didn't love my current lighter, that's definitely what I'd get!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    If you can't get it solved on your own shoot Andy an email. He's our resident lighter expert.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want one of THOSE ones. 12" flame. That's what I'm talking about. LOL!
    How come everyone else gets the cool stuff? ROFL!!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the EX and EXII are supposed to be soft flames.

that flame is WAY better than a bic (your original photo)
    its windproof.
    your Bic isnt that.
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    I have the ex 2 without the cool 101 emblem. It's an awesome lighter and love it. It is supposed to be soft flame like Kuzi said. Must be a misprint in the ad.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Since when did Xikar start making crack lighters?
  • *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    Spoiledliz:
    Got my fuel in today. Xicar Butane.... Bled the lighter, filled her up (the lighter), and then fired it up.... this is the craptacular mess I am dealing with. Why is this happening.... NO TORCH.... Its like a $60 bic! I followed the directions to the T.

Photobucket
    This looks pretty good to me, if as Kuzi said is supposed to be a soft flame, then you just got a sweet lighter. the second picture, I'd try to undo that . . . . hahahahah.
    Yup I am an ***. Its a soft flame. I wasnt a hugh fan of melting my face so I traded it in for a Torch today. It was an awsome lighter but I would look stupid... more stupid with one eyebrow. If it didnt turn into a WW2 flame trower.... yea it would of been the sickness.