Home General Discussion
Options

Help identifying a cigar

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Hey everybody, I received this cigar in a bomb a couple weeks ago and I have no idea what it is. Thanks for any and all help! IMAG0178 IMAG0179
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I googled the crap out of that and no luck. My guess is either a dog rocket or somebody's personal blend for some B&M or something.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    It's some kind of Partagas, the CR standing for Ramon Cifuentes. Wasn't able to narrow down the exact blend however. Will keep digging.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think it's the Ramon y Ramon.
  • Options
    j0z3r, thank you! I thought that might be it, but didn't find a band matching this one. Guess I just needed to look a little harder. Thanks bro!
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    It's some kind of Partagas, the CR standing for Ramon Cifuentes. Wasn't able to narrow down the exact blend however. Will keep digging.

Works for me! I picked one up in a trade, too. Been curious about it ever since.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I think it's the Ramon y Ramon.
    +1 on Joe's answer. To further eleborate, it's the cellophane edition. Enjoy it teacher.
  • Options
    Knowing what it is now helped me to find this write-up on it.
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    Hello to all long time no read. This CGAR is from Dom Rep. it was rolled by Carlos Ronsenza he was a master roller with Las Palmas Cigar Company located in La Romana They are the makers of Montecristo/Romeo y Julieta, he died in 2003, what you have was part of a celebration for when he retired. I had 3 of the same. we took a tour of the factory in 2005, hang on top it or smoke it, it was OK, it was just a simple CIGAR they made in his honor. you will not see them for sale anywhere it was a one time deal. i hope this helps you out
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    It is not a ramon ramon, trust me i was there when they passed them out in 2005 read my other post prior to this one.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From all readings I have done its a pretty rare stick. It is a Ramon Y Ramon and it was only available with the Partagas 150s that I for sure. If you google search it you see some people asking $30-$40 a stick in 5 packs. Cool .... "find".... bro