Home Non Cigar Related

Smoking on a diet...

Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
Anyone have issues with this? I drastically cut calories last week on a crash diet and then switched to a more sustainable diet this past week, but one that drastically reduces my intake of carbs and sugar. Now when I try to smoke I'm buzzing more than ever. I usually grab a handful of chocolate chips or make a grilled cheese when that happens, but no such luck now! Maybe I should try some strawberries or something?
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    How about smoking right after a meal?
    Light 'em up.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    How about smoking right after a meal?
    Problem is I usually smoke at night but this diet has me eat my biggest meal for breakfast... but yeah, near meals does work better. Maybe I just need to smoke milder cigars until I drop another 20 lbs, lol
    I hear ya. I don't really "diet," but I eat pretty lean and clean, so I hardly ever have a full stomach to smoke on, not that I smoke that much...
    Light 'em up.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I would definitely say to get some sugar into you're system before you smoke ..... Maybe some grapes or an apple or like you said some strawberries..... If you're getting buzzed its because you need some sugar in you ..... Maybe a nice piece of dark chocolate, they say it's heart healthy.
    A Wild Turkey, double, neat. That outta do it...
    Light 'em up.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    +++++++1, definitely my thoughts exactly!!!
    JCizzle:
    HAHAhahaha, I wish. When I get down to my goal weight I can add in a drink every day or so. Right now, I'm on once a week with a cheat meal. I'm gettin' close to the halfway to goal mark though... :D I'll definitely try some fruit next time I get a chance to smoke, probably tomorrow.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    Maybe some grapes or an apple or like you said some strawberries..... If you're getting buzzed its because you need some sugar in you .....
    +1 ...
    or grab a glass of fruit/veggie juice to drink while you smoke - (i'd imagine that might throw off your palate though)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    can you add a big bowl of oatmeal for your pre smoke meal? Might work andit's cheap for calories??
    letsgowithbob:
    can you add a big bowl of oatmeal for your pre smoke meal? Might work andit's cheap for calories??
    Big bowl? No. But half a cup might not hurt with some berries for sugar as well.
    Ken Light:
    JCizzle:
    HAHAhahaha, I wish. When I get down to my goal weight I can add in a drink every day or so. Right now, I'm on once a week with a cheat meal. I'm gettin' close to the halfway to goal mark though... :D I'll definitely try some fruit next time I get a chance to smoke, probably tomorrow.
    Well keep it up, brother, you're doing a great job and we're all proud of ya!
    Light 'em up.