Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What's the best bitter-sweet "Not in the right state of mind" decision you did while onlin

Hey all, So this happened last week. I was hanging out with my buddy from work when all of a sudden he said "We havent grabbed a beer at the bar in awhile". I don't usually drink much anymore because I'm constantly working or have things to do in the morning, but I had nothing to do the next day so yea why not? We headed up to the bar up the street from me and drank some. He had to get up early for a part time job thing the next morning, but I continued to drink. As he was sobering up, I convinced him that we had to grab some Waffle House(It's like a Dennys) so we did, at 2am in the morning. So I'm now drunk at Waffle House, eating my breakfast and decided I wanted a cigar, my buddy jokingly said "Just get one from online" So I looked up and saw a sweet deal on a 10pack of Est. 1844's! for around $20! I was like oh HELL yea! As I was ordering them (as a joke) I put my phone on the table and the screen had the "Are you sure you want to buy?" button. My buddy looked at my phone and laughed. I went to pick up my phone and I accidentally hit the button. I didn't realized I hit the button until the following morning. Little did I know, and him also, I tried over nighting them, on a saturday morning, 3am. My bill was double the amount of what the cigars cost, and I just recieved them in my office today. Bitter part: Bill was almost $50 for an order I could have just shipped standard and gotten it at the same amount of time for half the $$$. Sweet part: I have 10 new sticks for my humidor, and get to smoke one on the way home today. Share some stories if ya want, I just thought this was kind of funny.

Comments

• Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I did the same thing with a pair of sunglasses, some Ray Bans that were almost $500....Like I say "it's just money, they'll print more tomorrow.",
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    WaterDemon:
    Hey all, So this happened last week. I was hanging out with my buddy from work when all of a sudden he said "We havent grabbed a beer at the bar in awhile". I don't usually drink much anymore because I'm constantly working or have things to do in the morning, but I had nothing to do the next day so yea why not? We headed up to the bar up the street from me and drank some. He had to get up early for a part time job thing the next morning, but I continued to drink. As he was sobering up, I convinced him that we had to grab some Waffle House(It's like a Dennys) so we did, at 2am in the morning. So I'm now drunk at Waffle House, eating my breakfast and decided I wanted a cigar, my buddy jokingly said "Just get one from online" So I looked up and saw a sweet deal on a 10pack of Est. 1844's! for around $20! I was like oh HELL yea! As I was ordering them (as a joke) I put my phone on the table and the screen had the "Are you sure you want to buy?" button. My buddy looked at my phone and laughed. I went to pick up my phone and I accidentally hit the button. I didn't realized I hit the button until the following morning. Little did I know, and him also, I tried over nighting them, on a saturday morning, 3am. My bill was double the amount of what the cigars cost, and I just recieved them in my office today. Bitter part: Bill was almost $50 for an order I could have just shipped standard and gotten it at the same amount of time for half the $$$. Sweet part: I have 10 new sticks for my humidor, and get to smoke one on the way home today. Share some stories if ya want, I just thought this was kind of funny.
    Is this the same water demon on TWL?
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I was looking at some lazy susan pipe racks online (Decatur industries); found one I liked, but it didn't have a jar that was supposed to come with it, so I checked ebay and quickly selected two pipe racks that had a jar. My intention was to shoot off an email to the seller asking if they'd sell the jar separately; instead I only shot off one email, and without realizing what webpage I was on, accidentally made a winning bid on the second rack, and also bought the lazy susan. So instead of spending $25 for the rack and $10 for the jar like I wanted, I wound up buying the $25 rack I really wanted, another $30 rack I don't even want (but hey, it has a jar at least), and I still have an offer out there for a $10 jar. With shipping, I'm at least around $63 when I only intended to spend around $40 for everything.

Lesson: Don't go ebay shopping at 1am when you've got some scotch in you; those pages all blend together

• Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Knoxca1:
    WaterDemon:
    Is this the same water demon on TWL?
    Yes
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DUDE! Waffle House (a.k.a the Awful Waffle) is nothing like a Denny's. Not that Denny's is high class or anything but the Awful Waffle is just...... well...... craptastic and not fit for a dog. I have eating there about 500 times so I can judge.

We needed a new camera so the wife bought one that was a bigger piece of junk then the one we already had. The deal wasn't too bad but it was a huge regret. Just went to NFB and bought a camera in person after looking at them all. Normally we research major purchase for months before we buy.