Home Ratings & Reviews

Alec Bradley Tempus

How did it take me this long to try this stick? I'm a big fan of the box-press and found this to be a great smoke. The oily wrapper lit up like a charm and the burn is going great. I know what I'm putting on my Father's Day list!

Comments

• djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    tommie73:
    How did it take me this long to try this stick? I'm a big fan of the box-press and found this to be a great smoke. The oily wrapper lit up like a charm and the burn is going great. I know what I'm putting on my Father's Day list!
    Great cigar! I scored a box on cigarsprint.com for about 120 bucks. Plus they smell amazing when lit!
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Tempus is a solid performer. Full body goodness. My first box purchase was tempus maduros. Just smoked last few with shotgunjohn. With 18 months on them they balanced out nicely and what little spice was originaly there was gone. It was almost sweat cream. .
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Quadrum = yum!!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    if you like the tempus, wait till you try the prensado.

"Long ashes my friends."

• tommie73tommie73 Posts: 15
    That is next on my list!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    My fav from AB. Great stick.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Always a relaxing smoke. I like it more than Prensado.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    +1
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    bigfnsteve:
    rzaman:
    +1
    The Prensado is OK, but I prefer the Tempus (especially the "Magistri" perfecto) and the Black Market.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Well then here's your chance, Quadrum Maduro's on the daily deal.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've had 3 of the tempus quantum, I must've got 5 in a daily deal a while back, and while they taste awesome and smell great, I've had some burn issues with every one. Do these just like to be puffed on a lot, or is dry boxing a good idea? It seems like all mine have burned lopsided and the wrapper doesn't want to burn.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    bigfnsteve:
    rzaman:
    +1
    The Prensado is OK, but I prefer the Tempus (especially the "Magistri" perfecto) and the Black Market.
    +3, after having a few Tempus, I was stoked for the Prensado. It was good, but I preferred the tempus! Also, love the Black Market!
  • gio164gio164 Posts: 180
    Gray4lines:
    I think I've had 3 of the tempus quantum, I must've got 5 in a daily deal a while back, and while they taste awesome and smell great, I've had some burn issues with every one. Do these just like to be puffed on a lot, or is dry boxing a good idea? It seems like all mine have burned lopsided and the wrapper doesn't want to burn.
    I've had the same problem with the quadrum. I bought a 10 pack and had burn issues with all of them, even after a 8 month nap.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    This is one of my "Go-To's". Both the Habano & Maduro. Always have some on hand. Great smoke can be had for a great price.
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    I must be the only one that wasn't impressed with the Tempus. I've had 2 Habanos and got the same impression of both. I actually like the Black Market MUCH better. I'm not doubting the quality of the cigar. Just not my thing.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Streater:
    I must be the only one that wasn't impressed with the Tempus. I've had 2 Habanos and got the same impression of both. I actually like the Black Market MUCH better. I'm not doubting the quality of the cigar. Just not my thing.
    +1 I was biting my tongue on this but I thought the tempus was highly over rated! It not a bad stick but I was just expecting more. Alec Bradley really has not come out with much that really intrigue me. I use to smoked as yardgars but have now taken them out of rotation
    Money can't buy taste
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    hmmm.........I just had a Genesis (corona) tonight.............liked it a LOT.....even more than the Quadrum.......which is good for me, they're a lot cheaper
    If you have some you don't like/want - pm me....maybe we can work out a trade
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    The Maduro pairs well with a good anejo tequila. Both are solid sticks. Can't wait to try the prensado since its supposed to be better.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    The Maduro pairs well with a good anejo tequila. Both are solid sticks. Can't wait to try the prensado since its supposed to be better.
    I actually didn't like the maduro that much. And prensado was good to me. Enough that I may pick up more. But of all the ABs I have tried nothing tops Black Market. Family blend and prensado next..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    JHewey:
    james40:
    I actually didn't like the maduro that much. And prensado was good to me. Enough that I may pick up more. But of all the ABs I have tried nothing tops Black Market. Family blend and prensado next..
    interesting. Did you find the BM to be very spicy, like La Aurora 107?