Home General Discussion
Options

Irish Heads to Texas...

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
So the new job is sending me to Texas from July 2nd-6th and 16th-20th down in McKinney, TX for classroom training. Normally class runs 9am-5pm rough time, so I will be free around 6pm every night. Anyone in the Dallas/Ft Worth area or around that would want to hook up? It'd be great to hook up and herf with some brothers and have a guide to some of the slick lounges around ;)
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• Options
    IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    90+ Irishman:
    So the new job is sending me to Texas from July 2nd-6th and 16th-20th down in McKinney, TX for classroom training. Normally class runs 9am-5pm rough time, so I will be free around 6pm every night. Anyone in the Dallas/Ft Worth area or around that would want to hook up? It'd be great to hook up and herf with some brothers and have a guide to some of the slick lounges around ;)
    Please take care of my husband down in Texas. I'm working so I can't go with him, so please be nice to the Irish!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    IrishAJ:
    90+ Irishman:
    Please take care of my husband down in Texas. I'm working so I can't go with him, so please be nice to the Irish!
    All the Irish on this forum will always be welcomed with open arms and humidors wherever they go, because they are much beloved. This BOTL and SOTL stuff we throw around here arent just cutesy wootsy phrases - you two have friends close by pretty much wherever you may roam.

Cool feeling, huh? :-D

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    IrishAJ:
    90+ Irishman:
    All the Irish on this forum will always be welcomed with open arms and humidors wherever they go, because they are much beloved. This BOTL and SOTL stuff we throw around here arent just cutesy wootsy phrases - you two have friends close by pretty much wherever you may roam.

+1!! If we didn't cuss at ya, you would think we're mad! I've got some B&M's around here that must need your Roxor's, little bro! Get your aZZ out here so we can herf while you make cash!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be a good time. I have always had a good time in Texas. Good shops down there too.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    The Sniper:
    IrishAJ:
    90+ Irishman:

+1!! If we didn't cuss at ya, you would think we're mad! I've got some B&M's around here that must need your Roxor's, little bro! Get your aZZ out here so we can herf while you make cash!
    Thanks Glen and Dan, it really is down right awesome to head off to anywhere in the US and know that chances are good that I'll get to meet up with a brother from Ccom... that flat rocks :) Glen, thank you for the kind words, you know I always appreciate them and am humbled my friend ;) And Dan, sounds like a ****' idea.... I'll see what I can pull together this year :D
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Right on bro, I think Bucking W is in that area. You have to hit a Cowboys bar when your down there, off the hook.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    90+ Irishman:
    Yep. My lounge is right down the road and I'd be happy to take you. I will be available till the 4th as I'm having back surgery on the 5th.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best take lots of sunscreen brother; I understand that you Irish people burn real easily!!! image
    LOL just kidding dude.

Sounds like a great chance to take a little trip, and even better that work is footin' the bill for you!
    Enjoy dude, get yourself a biga$$ steak or two while you're there.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    +2!!! An Irish Welcoming Southeast Herf would be a great idea! Count me in!!!! Oh and have fun Brett, enjoy your trip to TX!
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on everything Brett....I spent 2 weeks in Dallas and loved it. Have fun and be safe...
  • Options
    Thanks for all the kind wishes brothers!! I used to live in Plano back when I was still just an ankle bitter, but haven't been back through the Dallas/Ft Worth area since the Hot Rod Power Tour in 2004, so it'll be great to go back and see how it is.... just maybe not in July LMAO.

Chris, thanks a ton for the offer and I'd love to take you up on it my friend!
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Look forward to it, Sir. I'll get you some gps coordinates to all the local tobacconists, B&M shops, "Gentleman's Establishments", Cigar Bars, and some of our favorite restaurants. I can also get you in touch with the best local fishing guides if you like fishing. I'll PM my number this evening or we can skype.