Home General Discussion
Options

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Churchill Video Review Up

A long mild-medium bodied smoke, 1 hour 45 min until it got hot at the band point. Rich creamy textured smoke from an easy draw on the loose side. Excellent burn producing a medium grey ash that held on for 1 1/2 inches. Flavors included nuts, coffee, leather, a touch of creme at points and a hint of pepper on the short finish. More in the video!

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Nice review, your description sounds like a desert.. lol. For some reason I just can't pick up a lot of those flavors, I've tried many times with the 92, just not for me. I do enjoy the 90 very much. Again another great review.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    Thank you! I really enjoy the 90 also - it's a little stronger.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    It's funny...the 92's are written up as medium-full and the 90's as medium but I've also thought the 90's were a little stronger, too. Nice to see someone else thinks the same thing. I also prefer the 90's but the 92's are quite good. Great reviews kaelaria, I really enjoy watching them.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I put almost zero faith in manufacturers descriptions or even other reviews - I've found so many inconsistencies especially in flavor profiles and strengths. All I can do is compare against my personal experience and make notes! Thanks!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Yeah, I had a 90 today, and I'll go for a 92 tomorrow.
  • Options
    JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    I have both and enjoy both.  Both have similar flavors but the '92 does have a bit more bite.  The '90 is supposed to be the smoother smoke which I can say, I agree with.  But after a big meal and few drinks, a '92 to me is just as smooth as a '90.  I prefer the '92 in that situation because a '90 isn't quite enough for me.

I gave a buddy a '90 and I had a '92 knowing he, being a very infrequent smoker, might enjoy it more.  Even to him, the '90 was almost too mild.

'90's are my more common daily smoke.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I had a 92 corona yesterday. Perfect construction, draw and burn. Nice med-full body and full flavor. Loved it!