Home Cigar 101

Questions for the group

What does B&M stand for, and should you age a smoke that is already mild, an everyday smoke or just the more premium smokes? I'm on this aging kick where I am trying to age everything. Is this necessary or am I just wasting my time?

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    B&M stands for Brick and Mortar, as in your local cigar shop.
    Ill let others comment on the aging, but I think that you should only age strong quality sticks.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Seems to me aging is sort of an art. I mean, I don't think there is a cut and dry answer for this. I age sticks that are either unbalanced (insanely tasty on the backend but nothing to write home about in the front) or if they're really strong to let some of the overpowering flavor die down (case in point, A. Fernandez sig. series is a bit too peppery, so I'm letting it sit.) The short, sweet answer is to age full-bodied, heavy smokes.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    In regards to aging, there are varying opinions. My opinion is that you should age a cigar that needs aging. To expand on that: if you smoke a cigar and it seems to be a bit harsh, perhaps it burns or irritates your throat, some aging of 6-12 months will help to smooth this out. In addition to that, many cigars will benefit from some extended rest as it gives the oils in the tobacco time to blend with each other giving you a smoother, more balanced cigar. That's my opinion anyway, and it has worked well for me so far.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I usually let a stick sit in my humi at least a month to get it at the right humidity and temp. Usually I'll age anything that is medium bodied and up, even certain mild sticks I'll let sit for a while. I have a 5 Vegas Gold that has been chilling in my humi for 8 months, might smoke it here in the next few days to see if it was worth it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    age what you want.

i just find that fuller cigars age better. mild cigars tend to lose flavor faster.