Home General Discussion
Options

Replicas/seconds etc

Evening Gents..I normally just lurch and pick up on some great advice from you all, and i thought i would pose a question. What is your opinion on the seconds sticks. you know, the ones AJ "tossed to the side" cause the color was a little off to him. or Alec B thought there were too many veins,, whatever clever phrasing they choose to use. I just got some AB and AJ "seconds". So far i have not had any issue, not that i expected any. But i still feel like I'm justifying the sticks to myself.

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been pretty happy with most I've bought. I like to smoke a couple cigars a day, and no way I can afford to do this with daily premium-purchase-price cigars. I'm OK with this, as when I do smoke a true all-the-way premium, I enjoy it more than if I were making these a routine smoke. Also, you get to basically try out different blends at a reasonable cost, and decide what you like before making big purchases. Have fun! That's what it's all about:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it all depends on the reason for the cigar to be a second. good companies will only put out seconds that are cosmetic in nature. most of them are good compared to their "real" counterparts.