Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Diamond Crown - Connecticutt

I had a Diamond Crown - Conn today. 5.5 x 54?
about that size anyway, it was a gift
Nice smooth smoke very mild.
The construction appeared very good, but I had burn issues the whole way through
canoed on one side the whole way down - needed about 2/3 corrective lights. It was windy out, but I tried to keep rotating the cigar. Anyone ever have one of these?

Thoughts??

Also, after I ashed I got an ashy taste from the cigar. Anyone ever get an ashy taste from a cigar after ashing? I have had this happen previously on other cigars, not just this one.

Comments

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Anyone ever have one of these, I liked it besides the burn issues, but am very curious what others think of this cigar.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I've had a couple and they are amongst my favorite Connecticut wrapped cigars. The only shape I've had was the Robusto #5. Great smoke...didn't have many burn issues though.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've had one and didn't like it. I got one as a tagalong in a trade recently, so I'll try it out and see if my opinion is any different.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a few of these back when I preferred a more mild cigar. They really seemed hit or miss to me, not consistent in appearance or draw. I did indeed get an ashy taste as well. I decided for the price difference, I didnt see much a drop for a Cuesta Rey Conn. wrapper and went with those instead. Now the Diamond Crown Maximus-------awesome!!!