CCOM FORUM BLEND WEEKLY POLL 4: BINDER

2»

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Alex Svenson:
    laker1963:
    Habano Jamastran Honduras

the 5 country thing has me, besides I think with the sweet we have already a little extra kick in the flavor is in order, and I love a long finish.
    Boy's we seem to be putting together a real exotic beauty, in either version I think we should be pretty happy with the outcome.
    Hey Alex, based on your knowledge of all the cigars out there, when we have a binder selected would you offer your opinion on what this blend we have created might be similar to, if you can think of something already in the marketplace?
    to be honest, the way this is shaping up, we may have to many unique ingredients. Looks like it is going to be 6 different tobaccos from 5 countries. My hunch is that when we get the samples, we are going to want to take out one of the fillers but we can cross that bridge when we get there.

Too much of a good thing eh? Good thing we aren't making a cake, as it's a little harder to remove certain ingredients after they have been added then it will be in this case.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    My vote is for the Connecticut Ecuador.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Habano Jamastran Honduras. Strong full flavor and long finish sounds great. I'd love to get some woody notes in there but I'm afraid of making it too sweet.

Hey Alex, if this is becoming too exotic and you already have some reservation how about tweeking the filler right now before any samples are made and save ourselves a whole step and many months between samples. What if we took your condega base and put in only two of the popular vote fillers instead of three? Just a thought.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Habano Jamastran Honduras - I agree with everyone on the sweetness. I'd like something to counter-act that.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Hey Alex, if this is becoming too exotic and you already have some reservation how about tweeking the filler right now before any samples are made and save ourselves a whole step and many months between samples. What if we took your condega base and put in only two of the popular vote fillers instead of three? Just a thought.

Good idea harpoon! I'd be cool with that.
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Jetmech_63:
    bigharpoon:

Im in favor of this idea as well.
  • Options
    Vidarien:
    Jetmech_63:
    bigharpoon:

I second that idea. CK
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    hawaiianbass:
    Vidarien:
    Jetmech_63:
    bigharpoon:

I second that idea. CK
    I third that idea.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Garen B:
    hawaiianbass:
    Vidarien:
    Jetmech_63:
    bigharpoon:

I second that idea. CK
    I third that idea.
    I'm down for this as well. Anything to speed it up a little! lol I'm too damn excited about this blend!
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Connecticut Ecuador gets my vote also and I will add a vote for going with two vote getters instead of three as well
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Habano Jamastran Honduras. Strong full flavor and long finish sounds great. I'd love to get some woody notes in there but I'm afraid of making it too sweet.

I was thinking about this. I looked at some of the Costa rican tobacco last week and was not overly impressed. Could not mesh well with the blend. I am going to talk to some blenders I trust to get their opinion after we wrap this up.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    This is just a post to remind people this poll is here by putting it at the top.
  • Options
    mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Posts: 686
    Habano Jamastran Honduras is my vote,
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Habano Copan Honduras ... Trying to throw some spicy in here somewhere!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    My count so far:

Habano Copan Honduras: 9
    Connecticut Ecuador: 11
    Habano Jamastran Honduras: 13
    Sumatra Indonesia: 1
    Habano Jalapa Nicaragua: 1

• Options
    iwsmith2iwsmith2 Posts: 65
    Bump
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Habano Jamastran it is!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    hey alex, i hate to put this on this thread because thats not what this is for but...
    check your PMs.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    So are we just waiting for these to be made up now or what?
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    I think alex is getting input from the blenders he knows on the mixture we chose, and whether to make it the top 2 fillers instead to make sure the cigar has a core.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    ---whoops, wrong thread---
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Habano Jamastran Honduras Gotta love the long finish to a cigar with a little extra bite to bring the flavors fully to you.