Home Ratings & Reviews

Don Douglas by Bucanero

Bucanero has sent me a nice sampler of several of their blends,this review is for the Don Douglas Torpedo.
This is a lovely buckskin brown, smooth oily torpedo vitola,it is firm and round, very well made. The pre light examination reveals big mature tobacco aromas, notes of honey and floral essences.The cold draw has caramel and brown sugar tastes,and rich tobacco sweetness.
The first half is smooth and lightly dry on the palate,gentle leather notes,the finish is slightly dusty,a sign of mature tobaccos.There are full floral aromas,hints of toast,honey.There is a faint underlying mustiness,very nice,reminds me of the old style cuban cigars I have tried.The aromas are captivating,cocoa and vanilla,sweet and fragrant,delicious!
The blend of this cigar is very nice,mild to medium in strength,the second half picks up a little in intensity,still very flavorful,sweet and fragrant.The burn is self correcting,very good throughout.I am really impressed by this Don Douglas blend,it is an unique flavor profile for me,rich and fragrant,delicious flavors,and the taste of very mature tobaccos,old world cuban style blend...I rate this one 5.5 out 10 strength,18.5 out of 20 overall....Thank you Bucanero Cigars...