Home Non Cigar Related
Options

My Disney Adventures- A Cast Member and Beyond

2»

Comments

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Making the drive back down to Orlando on the 11th! right now i have hotel reservations till the 19th. Im going to work at least 4 days, but i plan on having a few days for fun in the parks.
  • Options
    Its been forever since i did anything to this thread, but tomorrow...err later today is a big day for a me! I am moving back to florida!!! Ill be living with friends and in hotels for a couple of weeks until the complex im on the waiting list for should have an opening, but i can not wait! The jeep is almost completely packed, i only have my backpack and a few little things to toss into it and ill be hitting the road! Below is a picture of whats in my herfador with for the weekend... its upside down and im about to pass out so it can stay like that! Lol.

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    That's a good looking line up there Taylor! Enjoy my friend and safe travels!
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Taylor...I have no idea how we have never spoken.You are my hero.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Taylor...I have no idea how we have never spoken.You are my hero.
    I am a hero to many people.
  • Options
    Lol, well tonight is my first night back to work here at pirates since March!!!
  • Options
    So I thought I would bring this up to date. To start with I got screwed over way back when and ended up living in a travelodge for a month; aka not something that I EVER want to repeat. It was an interesting month at work to say the least, I got a bunch of work in but it was so hectic the guests weren't too joyous. after that month I dragged everything I owned back to my parents house where I have been staying in the guest bedroom since. I've been doing odd jobs, mostly small engine repair and handyman stuff since ive been back.

Today (well yesterday technically) I got the text from one of my future roommates that the complex we really wanted into (1 year long+ waiting list) and had been in contact with about the possibility of moving in this fall had called and we got a move in date! really soon in fact, September Twelfth for a three bedroom two bath unit!!! I will be living in a complex that is adjacent to the cast member parking for the Magic Kingdom where I work and I will be able to walk to work!!! which is really awesome considering the New Fantasyland expansion made parking horrid and the holiday season that we are coming into, although my favorite time to be at Disney, is the worst about parking due to the extra staffing.

I have decided to try and lose some weight, since i'm moving to a new place i want to start off right, and i would love to go down a shirt size!! To do so I am going to substantially cut down on the amount of processed foods I eat, cut WAY back on the soft drinks, and try to at least double the amount of water i usually drink in a day to make up for the lack of fluids. I enjoy cooking so this is something I am looking forward to, I just have to make time to cook. I am also going to try and stick to a budget, ive done so in the past but it is hard when you don't have a set number of hours that you will work every week, but i think i will be able to build up a buffer to help make it work this holiday season.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Very interesting reading I have a friend who worked as a chef for a short while at Disneyland and we had an intern in our HR division that was a princess at Disney World there when she was in college. It was kind of funny how little she was allowed to talk about, like you have said several times. it's great you enjoy that line of work.
  • Options
    there was nearly a booklet worth of work that i had to fill out to be hired each time (ive actually had to fill it out 3 times now so i guess the mouse owns me three times over?)
  • Options
    tomorrow is the drive down, Im staying in the All Star Music Resort for 2 nights, moving into the apartment on the 12th and my first shift back is on Friday the 13th!!! The 11th will be fun with paperwork and stuff but i plan on having a BIG dinner that night *evil cackle* there is so much to do and not enough time to do it in!
  • Options
    Im moved into my apartment, luckily it is walking distance to work because my jeep is dead, it had to be towed the last 60 miles. the apartment is nice, but its on the 3rd floor which sucks. In 3 weeks i will (hopefully) have a car and my glasses, my family is visiting and bringing the "spare car" on a trailer and is going to haul off the jeep to get fixed/sell/or something, and they are bringing my glasses with them since its only a few weeks and i dont have to have them to see. the parks are dead and hours are in high demand so its cheap food for another week or three for me!
  • Options
    things are really different from a month ago, ive been working 40-55 hours a week, have a car again, and not much time for goofing off.ive had one cigar since my last post on this thread along with a few pipes. the Halloween season is in full swing at the parks and so attendance is starting to pick up! Unfortunately my bank account got pilfered to the last penny so im basically working back up from nothing.... i would really like to check in on here more often but cigars have taken a rear seat to life right now... poo.