Home Non Cigar Related

Just sayin'... I got an idea!

13»

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    ohh so THAT's the dude you guys keep on talking about. Well then. Hi Lasabar. I am Jiunn. Nice to meet you.
    *Stares across the room* I don't know this guy... maybe I should sniff his butt to check him out
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    jliu:
    ohh so THAT's the dude you guys keep on talking about. Well then. Hi Lasabar. I am Jiunn. Nice to meet you.
    *Stares across the room* I don't know this guy... maybe I should sniff his butt to check him out
    *sniffs lassy's butt* smells like an anejo. I like it.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Just when you thought this place couldn't get weirder
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:

Just imagine what it's gonna be like if they both show up at the herf...
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Toombes:
    Direwolf:

Just imagine what it's gonna be like WHEN they both show up at the herf...
    Fixed it!

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Kim che? We are going Kentucky. If I make it, we are gonna have some jaw dropping good bourbon. I want to visit some distilleries too. I'll bring the kim che w/ me to the distillieries so that people run away from the smell. That way, I can get ahead of the line to taste. das how itz done son.
    I'm definitely in on the bourbon tours!!!
    The Sniper:
    Toombes:
    Direwolf:

Just imagine what it's gonna be like WHEN they both show up at the herf...
    Fixed it!

Woot!
    Ok, so I'm necrothreading, but this is what's going on now.
    For any of the BoTL who were entertaining the idea of invading my corner of KY on Labor Day for the Megaherf/tattoo/BBQ blowout, most likely it's not gonna happen. I've been experiencing some monstrous upper back pain. After a few texts with Doc McCartney the concept of a subluxated rib was hit upon. After a visit to the local ER were a good friend works, the x-rays revealed spinal torsion from T1-T4. Those four vertebrae are rotated roughly 15 degrees to the left.
    I have a follow-up with my family quack next week to schedule an MRI and discuss treatment concerns. As soon as I know what my future holds I'll post. I'm sorry this has to happen. I was really looking forward to the possibility of meeting and getting to know some of my Brethren.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    oh my gosh daniel. GEESH! sounds incredibly painful. sorry to hear. and yes, we will all meet someday. somewhere over the rainbow
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Don't let them put you on the rack. OOOOW
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to go..make it an annual thing and I'll be there next year!! Fo Sho' excellent idea and we need lots of pics!!
    Really sorry to hear about this Danny, it has GOT to be horrendously painful. I do have some potential good news however - if this torsion thing is what I think it is (the spinal column is kinda like rotated or twisted for lack of a better term, yes?), a good buddy of mine in the military had the same thing going on. Once he got in touch with the right doc (a very tricky thing in the military to say the least) and had the surgery, he was 100% good to go after the rehab!

We will get the BBQ / herf / tattoo party done at some point in the future, but the important thing right now is you getting healthy again as soon as possible. I will be praying for just that my friend! Please keep us posted, as there are gonna be lots of us worrying after you Dan. :-)

beatnic:
    Don't let them put you on the rack. OOOOW

Rick, if spinal decompression would help realign everything I'd live on the rack!
    On a different note, I completely forgot about you being in the Big Easy otherwise I would have sent you over to Bourbon Street to meet up with my boss last week to give him a crash course in the fine art of cigar smoking. He was down for a business trip and smoked his first(5)sticks. Fresh-rolled from a shop he noticed across from his hotel. Looks like the RM has a new member!
    The Sniper:
    Really sorry to hear about this Danny, it has GOT to be horrendously painful. I do have some potential good news however - if this torsion thing is what I think it is (the spinal column is kinda like rotated or twisted for lack of a better term, yes?), a good buddy of mine in the military had the same thing going on. Once he got in touch with the right doc (a very tricky thing in the military to say the least) and had the surgery, he was 100% good to go after the rehab!

We will get the BBQ / herf / tattoo party done at some point in the future, but the important thing right now is you getting healthy again as soon as possible. I will be praying for just that my friend! Please keep us posted, as there are gonna be lots of us worrying after you Dan. :-)

Glen!! First of all, good to see you back my friend! We've all missed you immensely!
    Secondly, you are correct sir! The doctor working the ER last Tuesday is a good friend of mine, so I felt secure in his assessment of me. When I asked his opinion as a friend and professionally, he simply stated that I should stop working to truck. The pain IS manageable, but I'm not the biggest fan of how the medication makes me feel. As far as surgery is concerned, if that's what it takes then so be it but only if the surgeon can give me a good enough prognosis. I've spoken to a few friends with the same problem and also with Doc McCartney. Most of them have had excellent results with chiropracty and physical therapy to help realign the vertebrae. I'll know more about what's going on and my treatment options after the MRI. I shall post as soon as I find out.
    Again, I'd like to apologize for canceling on such short notice. I know you were pretty stoked about getting some ink and that a lot of the other BoTL/SoTL were looking forward to a MASSIVE herf. We'll get this done, that I can promise. I'd like to thank all of the forum members who have sent their wishes for a speedy recovery to me. It makes me feel sincerely blessed to have such good friends!
    Toombes:
    The Sniper:

Glen!! First of all, good to see you back my friend! We've all missed you immensely!
    Secondly, you are correct sir! The doctor working the ER last Tuesday is a good friend of mine, so I felt secure in his assessment of me. When I asked his opinion as a friend and professionally, he simply stated that I should stop working to truck. The pain IS manageable, but I'm not the biggest fan of how the medication makes me feel. As far as surgery is concerned, if that's what it takes then so be it but only if the surgeon can give me a good enough prognosis. I've spoken to a few friends with the same problem and also with Doc McCartney. Most of them have had excellent results with chiropracty and physical therapy to help realign the vertebrae. I'll know more about what's going on and my treatment options after the MRI. I shall post as soon as I find out.
    Again, I'd like to apologize for canceling on such short notice. I know you were pretty stoked about getting some ink and that a lot of the other BoTL/SoTL were looking forward to a MASSIVE herf. We'll get this done, that I can promise. I'd like to thank all of the forum members who have sent their wishes for a speedy recovery to me. It makes me feel sincerely blessed to have such good friends!
    I think all involved would agree that getting you well is our first priority Danny. The ink and the herf can wait, and will be there when you're healthy enough to enjoy it with us brother!

Yeah, I know this is an old thread but it beats cluttering up another one.
    Anywho, it was mentioned that it would be cool for a bunch of us to "make a pilgrimage" to a central area and herf. I for one am all for it. I'd love nothing better than to meet as many of you as possible and to put faces to the names. Lets get the ball rolling and pick a date and a meeting place. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I like the Labor Day weekend idea. Texas is pretty central ;) I do like Jiunn's idea of the distillery tour, too. Wonder if Sniper would like to come out, even though he does not frequent the forums anymore. I'd love to meet as many of you as I could.
    Texas works for me! Haven't been there in a while. We could just show up at MTucelli's house, unannounced, and kick it with Elmo!
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Texas works for me! Haven't been there in a while. We could just show up at MTucelli's house, unannounced, and kick it with Elmo!
    I don't have a problem with that as long as it is the summer of 2014.

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Pick me up on your way down....LOL, just kidding but hell if we are going to Texas, lets just go a little further and do it in VEGAS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MTuccelli:
    Toombes:

We'll pick a place and a date eventually, Mike. I DO expect you to be there otherwise I'll send Jiunn to your house and he'll be dressed in combat boots, chaps, a pink leopard print g-string, pasties on his man-jugs and a Shriner's fez!
    Toombes:
    MTuccelli:
    Toombes:

We'll pick a place and a date eventually, Mike. I DO expect you to be there otherwise I'll send Jiunn to your house and he'll be dressed in combat boots, chaps, a pink leopard print g-string, pasties on his man-jugs and a Shriner's fez!
    I'm down..
    Jim, are you down for the Pilgramage Herf or for Jiunn showing up dressed as a stripper...?
    Toombes:
    Jim, are you down for the Pilgramage Herf or for Jiunn showing up dressed as a stripper...?
    Dan you know I'd love both equally!!!
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Jim, your moving, this alters my plans, going to plan b, as soon as I make it up.
    marineatbn03:
    Jim, your moving, this alters my plans, going to plan b, as soon as I make it up.

Fear not, Devil Dog, the Mafia has ways of finding people... Hehehehehehehe!!!
    Bigshizza:
    Toombes:
    Dan you know I'd love both equally!!!

Ok, then... How about them Cowboys...?
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bempy.