Home Pipes

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023

Trying some B. Frog's Cajun Safari in my Ser Jacopo from an anonymouse donor while I roast up some coffee from @peter4jc, Sweet Maria's, and possibly Bodhi Leaf. (Honduras, Ethiopia, El Salvador)

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

I think I'm calling it at two roasts today, just finished the Ethiopia Dry Process Aba Mecha, smoking KBV Embry's Banana Bread in my Bones Natural lightning finish pipe.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glengarry Flake in a GBD.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Sethbanks711Sethbanks711 Posts: 254 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:

@ShawnOL said:
    Beautiful pipe, steve.

Thanks Shawn! Norm carves a great pipe at a very reasonable price!

Are you purchasing them from him on PSD? I’ve been trying to track down where to buy from Norm.

@Sethbanks711 said:

@Stubble said:

@ShawnOL said:
    Beautiful pipe, steve.

Thanks Shawn! Norm carves a great pipe at a very reasonable price!

Are you purchasing them from him on PSD? I’ve been trying to track down where to buy from Norm.

Yes. When I get home I should be able to locate his contact info and send it to you.

@Stubble thank you! I joined there earlier today so I could see the for sale post. His stuff seems to sell instantly!

@Stubble said:

@Sethbanks711 said:
    @Stubble thank you! I joined there earlier today so I could see the for sale post. His stuff seems to sell instantly!

They do sell rather quick. You can message him on the PSD forum, he will do commissions.

This is my last purchase from him.

That’s a good looking pipe. Very similar to the style I used to prefer. Granted they were all cheap eBay pipes.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I think I'm calling it at two roasts today, just finished the Ethiopia Dry Process Aba Mecha, smoking KBV Embry's Banana Bread in my Bones Natural lightning finish pipe.

Interesting looking Pipe. Is the texture as rough as it looks?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited July 2023

It's unfinished, but not all that rough, but I wouldn't call it smooth. They used high voltage to do the lightning finish.

Smoking Timeless from @Stubble in a Norm Triptow pipe, TYVM Steve, I like this blend.

Capstan Gold Flake that's been intentionally left on the dashboard of my car since Jan 1st as a stoving experiment in my Kriswill Bernadotte chimney. The lid was loose when I opened it just now and the flake a bit on the dry side but it's very tasty. I can't say it improved over regular Capstan Gold Flake, but it tastes good to me.

Red Carpet in a Michael Morgason.

Timeless in a J. Everett.

Caribbean Blue Bellamy: Virginias, Burley, and Black Cavendish with extracts of honeydew, banana, and orange in the same setup. Fruitier in the pipe with a bit of a funk taste that could be the banana.

A bowl of K&K Caribbean Blue Bellamy again in my MM Cobbit Shire pipe to enjoy the fruit flavors on this nice summer day.

Well, I did just order a pound of tobacco from the country squire if that helps you decide. Haha. Been pipe shopping all weekend.

Remember to deploy the chute before you bottom out, Seth. :D

I’ve always been clumsy, so I wouldn’t count on a graceful landing. Lol.

Grabbed the 2020 Savinelli Brunello Flake from the dashboard where it's been "stoving" all month (but not always in full sun) to smoke in my Briarworks Bullmoose pipe. The flake looks dark but I don't have a control tin to compare to except some online photos. Tasting pretty good.

2023 Sun Bear in a Jacono.