• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pipe.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Edward. Got it from a guy in Hong Kong that has an Etsy shop

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking back, it might be KBV Tavern Bar Plug. It was good.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited October 2023

This is a great pipe, doesn't need to have the ash dumped, rarely needs relights, an easy smoker. It helps if the tobacco is on the dry side.

The photos are taken while parked and I prep my pipe in the parking lot before leaving.

• Options
    HawksHawks Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tin arrived open and dried. Been resuscitating it for a few days. Definitely needs more hydrating.

Nolite Oblivisci Peniculus Dentes

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, that's what I figured.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    Smoking some Danish Pipe Shop Brown Sugar Flake in my pretty little Soren Refbjerg Danish Brandy with Silver.

Nice! I have yet to open my tin of Brown Sugar.

• Options

It's a bit tricky to coax the sweetness out of, but it's a good blend. I'm on my last flake of the tin which is double the normal thickness so I'm resorting to cube cutting and rubbing it out a bit where I normally fold, twist, and stuff the flake in the pipe.

• Options

Tricky as in slow puffs or sips?
    I feel like there is a dirty joke in that question that someone will find. 😈

• Options

@Hawks said:
    Tricky as in slow puffs or sips?
    I feel like there is a dirty joke in that question that someone will find. 😈

Proper prep, either dry it a bit and fold and stuff or rub it out and try it a bit, make sure it's really well lit from the start, then slow puffs and sips. I find that holding my thumb over the pipe opening or a tamper over the tobacco helps to keep the tobacco smoldering without going out.

You need to find what works for you, some folks don't dry out their tobacco and find it smokes fine, others like to dry it first so that it burns better and doesn't generate steam which can lead to tongue bite.

• Options

Finishing off my car pipe in the garage, 50/50 blend of a very dry broken flake of Brunello Flake and a pretty damp 1792 flake with some home-roasted Mexico Huatusco Mango Infusion coffee from my travel brew mug. Combining the wet and dry tobacco together resulted in a pretty good burn with just a few relights and it was flavortown with the coffee and the tobaccos today. The coffee was juicy with a tropical fruit flavor in the back.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sun Bear MF in an Askwith.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?