Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

ROMEO

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
Went to a tasting tonight. The new cigar from Romeo y Juliet named Romeo.
The whole collection was large ringed (>52) and were quite hefty. The boxes are cool. Big, bright red and white.
Ecuadoran Habano wrapper around Honduran filler.
Big, bold, med-full, lots of med smoke. It had a good flavor that got spicier as the cigar progressed. Although it didn't taste like any R&Js that I have smoked it was still very good. And, I could taste just a hint of scotch.

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Is the filler all Honduran Beatnic? I like Honduran / Nicaraguan blends a lot and that wrapper is a hit with me for sure. If it is all Honduran...meh
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I'm like you. The rep said it was all Honduran, but it didn't have that singular dimension I associate Honduran with. I'm a Nicaraguan fan myself, and didn't dislike this stick at all.
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    I have one of these sitting in my humidor, I may have to try it when I get home if it's anything like you discribed.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    beatnic:
    I'm like you. The rep said it was all Honduran, but it didn't have that singular dimension I associate Honduran with. I'm a Nicaraguan fan myself, and didn't dislike this stick at all.
    Well then I will have to try one of these out then. Thanks Beat.
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Anyone know where I can get more of these? I just tried it and loved it but can't seem to find them anywhere anymore. I'll start looking around the B&M stores but I wouldn't mind having a box on hand.