Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Newb has been welcomed!

Sooooo, a couple weeks ago I introduced myself on the newbie thread, then headed out of town on a trip. I get a PM from a dude named SleevePlz asking for my address since I dont have my addy public. He says he hasn't bombed a newb in a while. Now, I may have just signed up for the forum but I am a longtime lurker so I know a little about the bombs and I know enough to know there is no way my cheap ass collection in my humidor could ever repay a bomb. I told him no thanks for that reason but he insisted. I finally rolled into town today and got to see what he dropped on me as a Newb welcoming gift. I will have to figure out how to post pictures. Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1970? Cain Habano Nicaraguan San Miguel ChurchIll Arturo Fuentes Anejo Reserva Xtra Perdomo Reserve 10th Champagne E All I can say is WOW. Until now I didn't even have a $5 cigar in my collection, and I am amazed by these sticks. I know I cant repay him, I can only bow before him and say I'm not worthy. I think I will keep my address secret as my mailbox took a big hit and it probably cant handle another one. I know nothing in my humidor can.

Comments

• Ok, how do you put spaces in a post so the cigars dont get buried?
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Nice hit for sure..
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    duckshooter:
    Ok, how do you put spaces in a post so the cigars dont get buried?
    Welcome to forums, lol
    Here's linkage to all you'll need to know on post formatting
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/71003.aspx
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    daaaannng. you got blown up! nice white paint hit teacher!
    marineatbn03:
    duckshooter:
    Welcome to forums, lol
    You couldn't get it to work either lol.. I tried spaces, slashes. stars, and it still kept adding the break
    Direwolf:
    marineatbn03:
    duckshooter:
    Welcome to forums, lol
    You couldn't get it to work either lol.. I tried spaces, slashes. stars, and it still kept adding the break
    Yeah, lol.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you finally made it home, Brandon. Maybe you can actually start relaxing and enjoying the summer now. That is why we became teachers, right? Enjoy the cigars, you deserve them!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    what do you guys teach? what grade? what subject?
    jliu:
    I'm a high school math teacher.
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    What kinda teacher are you by night time? huh? huuuuuuh winnnnk. yea you know. you knoowwwww
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    What kinda teacher are you by night time? huh? huuuuuuh winnnnk. yea you know. you knoowwwww
    Ummm...I don't know??? I don't think I'm clever enough to come up with a witty enough response here.
    you remind me of my high school history and lax coach. coach hawkins. he always told me to shut up and stop messing around.
    jliu:
    you remind me of my high school history and lax coach. coach hawkins. he always told me to shut up and stop messing around.
    You don't say? I can't imagine anyone saying that to you.
    what a jerk. you're setting a bad example for the noobs. what. everrrrrr
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    jliu:

Jiunn you played lax? Pop warner as a grown man? was the defenseman's stick taller than you? Bwhahaahaahahaha bwagahahahaahahah bwahahahahah bwahahhahaah bwahahhahahha bwahahahha
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    Btw nice hit. Better stock up on mailboxes if you plan on hanging around here. Mwhahahahaha Mwhahahah Mwhahahha
    jliu:
    Getting a little sensitive as your month comes to an end? Since you are a nooooooob, perhaps I should bomb you as well? If I can bomb Darth Vader, I think I can bomb you!
    NO
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum! Sleeveplz is a stand up guy! You got lucky that he Bombed you. But pm me your addy!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • I'm just laughing at the pm my address part. I'm very tempted to but I'm nervous to for two reasons. My cheap humidor stocking that I have can in no way compete in the reindeer games played on this sight. The second reason was I just felt kind of guilty about getting cigars and not being able to return anything for them. SleevePlz explained that it is just something done on the forums and to consider it a welcome gift, but it still felt a little weird. I'm willing to give my address to any brothers who ask because the people are great on the sight but it just feels weird because I can't return the favors if you know what I mean?
    If it is easier, I am willing to give out your address to anyone and everyone! Please don't ever feel guilty about the generosity/insanity of the people on this forum. We bomb newbs (and vets) for a reason and it has nothing to do with receiving anything in return. This literally is part of the culture of the cigar society. We like to help people get started, learn about different cigars, exchange thoughts, and just have fun. So, who needs an address?
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums duckshooter and a very nice welcome hit indeed.
    SleevePlz:
    So, who needs an address?

hmmmm
    The3Stogies:
    Welcome to the forums duckshooter and a very nice welcome hit indeed.
    SleevePlz:
    So, who needs an address?

hmmmm
    Sleeveplz send me his addy!!
    Money can't buy taste
    Duckshooter start smoking hard and fast and make a little room in your humi!!!!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    duckshooter:
    I'm just laughing at the pm my address part. I'm very tempted to but I'm nervous to for two reasons. My cheap humidor stocking that I have can in no way compete in the reindeer games played on this sight. The second reason was I just felt kind of guilty about getting cigars and not being able to return anything for them. SleevePlz explained that it is just something done on the forums and to consider it a welcome gift, but it still felt a little weird. I'm willing to give my address to any brothers who ask because the people are great on the sight but it just feels weird because I can't return the favors if you know what I mean?
    Yeah, we all think that for a while. The members of the forum will get your addy eventually. And if one gets it, then all will all get it.

A lot of us are low on resources to return fire. That never stops most of the guys. In fact, if they find out you are low, it seems to add fuel to the fire.

Do like some do. Keep a list of who has hit you and some day, when they least expect it and you are able, hit them! LOL!

Edit: And be aware, a lot of the guys don't like to be one up'd. So if you do hit them, expect retaliation.
    And depending on who it is, they may team up on you. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience:
    duckshooter:
    I'm just laughing at the pm my address part. I'm very tempted to but I'm nervous to for two reasons. My cheap humidor stocking that I have can in no way compete in the reindeer games played on this sight. The second reason was I just felt kind of guilty about getting cigars and not being able to return anything for them. SleevePlz explained that it is just something done on the forums and to consider it a welcome gift, but it still felt a little weird. I'm willing to give my address to any brothers who ask because the people are great on the sight but it just feels weird because I can't return the favors if you know what I mean?
    Yeah, we all think that for a while. The members of the forum will get your addy eventually. And if one gets it, then all will all get it.

A lot of us are low on resources to return fire. That never stops most of the guys. In fact, if they find out you are low, it seems to add fuel to the fire.

Do like some do. Keep a list of who has hit you and some day, when they least expect it and you are able, hit them! LOL!

Edit: And be aware, a lot of the guys don't like to be one up'd. So if you do hit them, expect retaliation.
    And depending on who it is, they may team up on you. LOL!
    The exception is me, snoobie. If you bomb me, I will not keep a list of you. I'll just gladly hot box the cigar in my car.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Sunday and I am feeling ducky................................

Tick tick tick tick I gots a bomb with your name on it muwahahaha!!! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Money can't buy taste
    Now give Jiunn his camera back Lee, lol