Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Anyone Tried Graycliff Brand?

I've been looking at the Graycliff brand and i was wondering if anyone has tried them. Any thoughts good or bad. I have one friend who was gifted a G2 and he liked it but now that im looking at them i see a big difference in the prices. Seems the G2 is an entry level cigar around 6 or 7 bucks a stick and from there the blends go all the way up to 20 a stick. Just wondering if it would be worth my time. Thanks guys

Comments

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had close to all the current blends and love them all. I may be in the minority tho... Price scares people off. I tend to pick mine up in samplers and sit in them.... The downer is I am currently out of every but the G2
  • Options
    josiahcoljosiahcol Posts: 70
    Thanks, im thinking of just picking up one or two of the G2 with my next order from ccom, i saw the Graycliff sampler on there and i might just spring for it. Problem is my eyes are always bigger than my wallet :)
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a graycliff fan I think they are a lot like gurhka as highly priced for what you get. Another reason why I try not to have them in the humi is I've heared a lot of issues with beetles. But if I'm given them I'll take them and just trade them off or use as gifts
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've smoked several of the entire line save the Emerald, and the regular Black, both of which I have resting.

The thing with Graycliff that you have to understand going in, is that they are a gamble. They are not consistent at all. I've had cigars from them that totally blew me away, and others that were total trash, sometimes even from the same box. That inconsistency coupled with their high prices are going to result in wildly differing opinions.

The other thing is, some are made at their Bahamas factory, and others are contracted through AJ Fernandez. They may have other Nicaraguan manufacturers, I don't know. So depending on your tastes, you may or may not like those. I think in general, both are at least good, some even great, but there are a few I'd stay away from. Mostly I'm referring to the 1666. I had one once that was good, and 30 after that one that were ****. I should have learned after 2.

The blends I like from them are: The Double Espresso, the Crystal, the Purple, the Blue in the pirate vitola, and the Red. The blends I like from the Nicaraguan factory are the G2 Turbo, and platimun and crystal LEs.

My suggestion for all things Graycliff is get 'em on a deal, and expect nothing. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    I've smoked the entire line save the Emerald, and the regular Black, both of which I have resting.

The thing with Graycliff that you have to understand going in, is that they are a gamble. They are not consistent at all. I've had cigars from them that totally blew me away, and others that were total trash, sometimes even from the same box. That, coupled with their high prices is going to result in wildly differing opinions.

The other thing is, some are made at their Bahamas factory, and others are contracted through AJ Fernandez. They may have other Nicaraguan manufactures, I don't know. So depending on your tastes, you may or may not like those. I think in general, both are at least good, some even great, but there are a few I'd stay away from. Mostly I'm referring to the 1666. I had one once that was good, and 30 after that one that were ****. I should have learned after 2.

The blends I like from them are: The Double Espresso, the Crystal, the Purple, the Blue in the pirate vitola, and the Red. The blends I like from the Nicaraguan factory are the G2 Turbo, and platimun and crystal LEs.

My suggestion for all things Graycliff is get 'em on a deal, and expect nothing. Hope that helps.
    That does help a lot thanks, im guessing the ones from the Nicaraguan factory are the one's contracted through AJ Fernandez? If so does that mean that he helped on the blends or do they just use his factory to roll them?
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    josiahcol:
    Russ55:
    I've smoked the entire line save the Emerald, and the regular Black, both of which I have resting.

The thing with Graycliff that you have to understand going in, is that they are a gamble. They are not consistent at all. I've had cigars from them that totally blew me away, and others that were total trash, sometimes even from the same box. That, coupled with their high prices is going to result in wildly differing opinions.

The other thing is, some are made at their Bahamas factory, and others are contracted through AJ Fernandez. They may have other Nicaraguan manufactures, I don't know. So depending on your tastes, you may or may not like those. I think in general, both are at least good, some even great, but there are a few I'd stay away from. Mostly I'm referring to the 1666. I had one once that was good, and 30 after that one that were ****. I should have learned after 2.

That does help a lot thanks, im guessing the ones from the Nicaraguan factory are the one's contracted through AJ Fernandez? If so does that mean that he helped on the blends or do they just use his factory to roll them?
    I don't know, you'd have to ask AJ, or possibly Alex. I've heard from Alex before, that when AJ makes a cigar for someone else sometimes he does the whole thing, and other times he just offers advice and tweaks on the blend. As far as which specific cigars, and how much he is involved in though, I have no idea. My guess is that it's a collaboration, but that's just a guess.
  • Options
    Well i do really appreciate it, that gives me some good advice to go on
  • Options
    armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    I like Graycliffs. The 1666 is the best in my opinion. Not a fan of the G2, but the double expresso, or the Grand Cru(purple Label) are also good. You will just have to try them out. however they are not cheap. Just depends on what you are willing to spend. You can find the 1666 on some cigar sites for reasonable prices. Good luck. Let me know what you think.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i like the flavor of a Graycliff but not enough for me to justify the price. for teh same price range i can get cigars that i consider amazing.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I think they are a great cigar if you can find a good deal on them. I've smoked many and enjoyed them all. One of my favorites is from the "Legends" Series. You may want to check out with a search with that term. Well worth the price on that one.
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    I, myself have tried the G2, The G2 turbo limt which I like very much, when I first smoked my first one I didn't like it at all but kept smoking it and couldn't stop smoking it and I loved it after finishing it. I also had the 1666 which I like too. I got a great deal for my graycliffs on the sprintsale site for a really cheap price and well worth it.