Home General Discussion

New Smoker need a recommendation...

Hello all,
I'm a new smoker and realized the allure of cigars a couple of months ago. I purchased a couple of brandy soaked and fell in love that night! I started with the sampler pack, and enjoyed them, but find myself in need of a recommendation.

I like a light to medium body with a good aroma. Cedar and wood scents would be great. Any ideas are very much appreciated! John

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    isdlt:
    Hello all,
    I'm a new smoker and realized the allure of cigars a couple of months ago. I purchased a couple of brandy soaked and fell in love that night! I started with the sampler pack, and enjoyed them, but find myself in need of a recommendation.

I like a light to medium body with a good aroma. Cedar and wood scents would be great. Any ideas are very much appreciated! John

That's probably one of the hardest questions in this hobby to answer.
    Everyone's tastes are so subjective.

But since you like the brandy soaked infused, then you may want to check out CAO Flavours, Acid or Drew Estates line.

As for cedar wood scents, cameroons or corojos? I don't know. But they are usually pretty good. LOL!

What was the sample pack you got? What cigars in it did you like?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 5 Vegas Sampler is a GREAT way to find your likes and dislikes. There are about 5 different samplers from 5 Vegas. This could be a starting point. I do agree with 0Patience tho. Taste is VERY subjective.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Try the Avo take 5 sampler bro, all are medium and cover a ton of complexity
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Just jump in the deep end and have a Lito Gomez cigar. On an empty stomach. First thing in the AM.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Just jump in the deep end and have a Lito Gomez cigar. On an empty stomach. First thing in the AM.
    Oh you have no mercy, do you? ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    haha I just read "cedar" and thought this. I love LG stuff for that cedar earthiness. He'll come back and give me a big middle finger. I'll be waiting
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    haha I just read "cedar" and thought this. I love LG stuff for that cedar earthiness. He'll come back and give me a big middle finger. I'll be waiting
    Or a My Father cedros...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you are looking for a non-infused cigar with a good amount of cedar, ,check out the Four Kicks line.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isdit, I sent you a PM bro. Check your inbox.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)