Home Cigar 101

Using tubos to put beads in

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
Who is doing it? Curious...it would seem as if recharging them would lead to a rusty tube.

Comments

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I have la aurora tubos in my humi with 70% RH beads and some drymistat tubes. No issues so far. Been in there for the last 3 months or so? I do check them once prob ever 3-4 weeks.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    How do you refill them?
    how do I refill the drimistat tubes or "refill" my beads?
    ok. two posts. two points. so I refill my drimistat tubes by just adding distilled water direclty into the tubes. To "refill" my beads, I mist distilled water directly on the beads (I mist about 70% of them). So in my 300 count humi, I have 1/2 lbs of 70% RH beads, and 3 drimistat tubes. These days, it's keeping at around 67 to 68 RH
    Lol....let me clarify. I am looking for people whom have poked small holes in their tubos and put beads in the tubo. Exactly like a drymistat, but with beads.
    ohhhh! haha ok I don't do that. The only thing that I do do is slightly open up my tubos to let it get happy happy with the remaining cigars and the actual humi. At any rate, I completely didn't help haha
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Who is doing it? Curious...it would seem as if recharging them would lead to a rusty tube.
    If the tubes are aluminum you're in the clear since aluminum does not rust....

But if the tubes are a different metal then I'd bet you'll have rust issues regardless of how you fill them.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    catfishbluezz:
    If the tubes are aluminum you're in the clear since aluminum does not rust....

But if the tubes are a different metal then I'd bet you'll have rust issues regardless of how you fill them.
    They are unused tubos...like Avo, RP, etc... I kind of figured since we store cigars in them but figured I'd ask if anyone is doing this
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    catfishbluezz:
    Lol....let me clarify. I am looking for people whom have poked small holes in their tubos and put beads in the tubo. Exactly like a drymistat, but with beads.
    Ive done it for years. No issues, tubos are aluminum. To recharge beads just unscrew cap of tubo and spray beads with distilled water.
  • *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    jliu:
    At any rate, I completely didn't help haha
    LOL
    leonard:
    catfishbluezz:
    Ive done it for years. No issues, tubos are aluminum. To recharge beads just unscrew cap of tubo and spray beads with distilled water.
    What did you use to poke holes in them? Was wondering if a small drill bit might be too big
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    I used a big safety pin. The tubos are really soft if you have a sharp point. I put hundreds of holes in each tubo.
    leonard:
    I used a big safety pin. The tubos are really soft if you have a sharp point. I put hundreds of holes in each tubo.
    Worked perfect...now I have a reason to buy another Avo tubo or two lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i used to do it.
    the beads were recharged by adding in water. after some time the beads had cracked and what not and their dust started to fall out of the holes. i stopped using it.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the tubes were anything but aluminum you'd have rust issues anyway just because of the humidity in the humi.
  • stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    I do this in several smaller humid and also use them on the top shelves in some 300 count humis. It works just fine. The tubes are aluminum so they won't rust. When the beads are looking old in just replace them. I like them because they don't take up much room.