Home General Discussion

loss of a close friend *new link to video of pics of him*

Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
sitting on my back deck smoking an anejo in memory of my close friend, Erik. I was told this morning while i was at work that my friend committed suicide last night. I just spoke to him on the phone Monday and then we exchanged texts tuesday, and he seemed perfectly normal, and gave absolutely no signs of anything. As i sit his smoking this cigar, here is to you, and the great times and friendship we had. May you rest in peace, smoking nothing but the best cigars, and riding your harley with the wind to your back for ever. You will be missed.

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Sorry to hear that Bro. I too lost a close friend in December to a car accident. I got through it by remembering all the good times and what he brought to my life... stay strong bro...
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    So sorry to hear of your loss brother.
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear it :-/ Sending my best wishes your way. I've lost a few friends to suicide in the past couple of years, and I guess the only thing to say is: remember the good memories, and cherish every moment you have with the people you love.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    My condolences brother I'm sorry
    Money can't buy taste
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry to hear that Michael. Will be praying for your friend and all those close to him.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sincere condolences, my friend. The loss of someone close is always hard to bear. Time will ease the pain but won't erase the good memories. Cherish those and keep them close.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My condolences.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    My sincere condolences, brother. Like others here, I can relate to your pain. It's been 10 yrs since the death of a high school friend, but not a day goes by that I don't remember him when I see my son who I named after him. Many prayers to you and the families.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Sorry to hear of your loss.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Condolences as well, you and his family will be in my prayers!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Condolences, Michael. My thoughts are with you and everyone else who will miss Erik.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    My heart goes out to you brother. You and His family will be in my family's prayers.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss... It's difficult to process.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear brother. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Tell people you love them very chance you get. You never know who needs to hear it. Sorry brother, had this happen twice to me and both times it was beyond comprehension. Thoughts and prayers are with both ya.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truly saddened by your loss brother. You just never know what's in somebody's heart or mind. I had an ex girlfriend that was also a good friend who committed suicide and I never could have imagined someone so full of life would do that.
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the kind words. Erik and I had been close friends for over eight years. He was a great guy to be around, funny as hell, always joking around, and loved to ride his harley duce. I always gave him hell about his bike, and that it had the front tire of a "girls" motorcycle on it. This was because the front tire was so small. Truth is it is an awsome bike and we both knew it. He had it completely chromed out and it sounded amazing and ran like the wind. This right here goes to show, take the time and spend it with your friends and family. Im glad i answered the phone when he called Monday.....you never know when it could be the last chance you get to talk to anyone. Again you guys here are first rate, and a classy bunch of guys, reading your postd today have truely helped me through this. Thanks again, and god bless each of you.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw this, wow, that's a punch in the gut. I'm sorry to hear about this tragedy in your life, as was said above, remember the best of your friend.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry to hear this as well my man. I am truely sorry for your loss.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that hope you enjoyed the cigar and many more in memory of your friend.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    So very sorry for your loss
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I know in a situation like this your mind rambles with a million thoughts and you start to feel like you failed. Like you should have seen a sign, known somehow, taken the extra minute to listen, spent more time with him, and such. I know because I have experienced it. Don't beat yourself up though. I hope you don't feel or think any of that but if you do reach out to someone you can talk to and get it off your chest. Remember the good times and how much fun he was. I will pray for you and his family.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Sorry ot hear it RJ, May he rest in peace.
  • josiahcoljosiahcol Posts: 70
    Very sorry to hear about your loss, prayers are with you and his family and friends
  • I'm very sorry and I offer you and his family my condolences. Keep your head up.
  • woodymanwoodyman Posts: 39
    Still new here, and been out for a few weeks, but always sad to hear news like this.. Wanted to stop in and say my thoughts are with you and all of Erik's friends and family.. Stay strong, we're all here for you man..
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    That sucks, brother. Sorry for your loss and condolences to you and his family.
    Just found this on his face book page..... http://animoto.com/play/Gfq2Gn2hEQTVjnNY4qk3qw
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    Just found this on his face book page..... http://animoto.com/play/Gfq2Gn2hEQTVjnNY4qk3qw
    Sorry for your loss brother. The movie of pictures was sad, when you see all the love he had around him with his girls and his wife, and family. God bless you and his family and friends.
    ShotgunJohn:
    Rail Jockey:
    Sorry for your loss brother. The movie of pictures was sad, when you see all the love he had around him with his girls and his wife, and family. God bless you and his family and friends.
    Thanks bud. In the video in the friend at BNSF friends part, when it has a picture of four people at a bar table, im the one next to him wearing the red shirt. That was at my party a couple of years ago. We had a blast that night! We all got tore up! Seeing that video was very hard, but also very good for me. I miss him every day, but with time i will still miss him, but it will get better......