What ya smoking?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to finish off this jar of McClelland Holiday Spirit
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Been reading Sherlock Holmes so I thought a bowl of Petersons Sherlock Holmes was fitting.

• Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    stephen_hannibal:
    Been reading Sherlock Holmes so I thought a bowl of Petersons Sherlock Holmes was fitting.

I love Peterson's SH blend. I am out right now so I need to restock.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Dunhill London Mixture in a Savinelli Canadian. A great combo once broken in and married to each other.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Lotsa frog morton!
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Counting down the hours till I get home and fire up my pipe tonight... It's a Hearth & Home kinda night... Going to start off with a bowl of Berry Nice and then later wrap up the night with a bowl of Larry's Blend...
  • Options
    Just had a chance to get one in early smoking P.S. Proper English. A nice medium English style. One of my current favorites.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    a bowl of Dominican Glory Maduro.... well in a moment anyways
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Lemme know how it is. I'm excited to try it!!
  • Options
    It was ok I suppose, I ended getting a lot of tongue bite towards the end, I think my expectations were kinda high tho
  • Options
    Just opened a tin of Davidoff Royalty. This is really the only Davidoff blend I have tried and liked. I bought two tins. One smoked right away and this one has about 18 months on it. Not a lot of change but the orientals seem a little more forward then they were in the first tin. A great mid-afternoon smoke with a cup of coffee.
  • Options
    a bowl of Island Ambrosia before a dust storm made me call it early-ish was a fantastic smoke in my Meerschaum pipe. Also was a Pee n Cee "Fusion Lab" blend by a bloke named M. Gregory
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    A bowl blended at my local B&M called Benjamin Franklin. Not sure what all is in it, but its pretty sweet and aromatic, yet not overly so.
  • Options
    I'm smoking that Island Ambrosia blend again tonight I really wish Hearth n Home would tin this blend, so Damn good
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Had some McClelland Legends last night that was a tad dry about a month after I popped the tin lid; rather unpleasant taste, won't be getting another tin ( not sure what it was, it was a dominant taste, maybe too much latakia for my preferences). I've decided to pack a bowl of Penzance tonight that's a tad dry (eg - not the wet mess it ships as, but dried out a bit more than I'd like), we'll see how that goes.

EDIT - Penzance was much nicer; the latakia wasn't nearly as dominant and was blended far better with the other tobacco's in the blend
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Just had a bowl of Squadron Leader; forgot how much I like this stuff
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a bowl of 1-Q.... It's my 2nd bowl overall...
    Won't stay lit, I think I packed it too light and the flavor is wispy....

But I do like it
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:

But I do like it
    Also, I have a Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe and from start to finish it lasted about 40 minutes. Anyone have any experience with this corn cob? 40 minutes to me seems low, which would support my light packing theory. Any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Lasabar:

But I do like it
    Also, I have a Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe and from start to finish it lasted about 40 minutes. Anyone have any experience with this corn cob? 40 minutes to me seems low, which would support my light packing theory. Any help is appreciated.

Cobs do come in different sizes but If I remember the pic you had somewhere, I would think it could be a little short but not by much. Anyway what you are describing as wispy is my experience with 1-Q I could not taste the tobacco at all, I got a mild vanilla flavor that seemed to come and go and I really don't think there is much of Mr. N. in the blend either. So, I am probably the wrong person to try to help here but that is what I got from it.