Home Ratings & Reviews

Untrained Gurkha Reviews

2»

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still a fan of Gurkha. Its nice when I get one thats not hurt'n from boating or tunneling. IMO all Gurks need rest for 6 months +. I honestly look forward to these reviews. Please keep them coming!
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    I am still a fan of Gurkha. Its nice when I get one thats not hurt'n from boating or tunneling. IMO all Gurks need rest for 6 months +. I honestly look forward to these reviews. Please keep them coming!
    I certainly will. My unit is getting ready to go to Annual Training this Saturday so I will be packing a 20 count full of Gurkha's and will hopefully be able to do some posts when I get back. I will make sure and take good notes.
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    Vision:
    I certainly will. My unit is getting ready to go to Annual Training this Saturday so I will be packing a 20 count full of Gurkha's and will hopefully be able to do some posts when I get back. I will make sure and take good notes.
    GL Bro!
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Cigar: Gurkha Empire Series I
    Wrap: Habano
    Size: 5.5x52
    Rest Time: Over six months
    Duration: about an hour fifteen

I decided that I wanted to smoke a cigar the other morning, and since it was hardly light out side it was naturally pretty dark in my bedroom. It was a grab bag morning. I decide to reach in the humidor and grab the first thing my fingers touch. (Quick note, this humidor has been essentially designated as the Untrained Gurkha Review humidor as its full of nothing but Gurkhas) As I walk into the kitchen, I look down to se what I have scored. Huh, I thought never had this one before.

The cigar actually smelled great and the cap had a slight grassy like taste to it. The construction was by far one of the best in terms of the cigars I have reviewed thus far. There were very small veins with no hard spots in the cigar. I light the cigar and the smoke that is put off I actually quite pleasant. It has a very mild scent that would be annoying to those around you. The cigar remained fairly consistent throughout having a mild earthiness throughout. I would have liked to have a bit more spice as I had to hunt for it in the flavor.

The second third and final third were much in the same. Flavor changes are subtle and gradual. There were notes of hay and light cedar. I might have possibly caught some coffee but it was hardly noticable. The ash held on and fell of in every inch and a quarter or so. The burn was sharp through the duration.

Overall, this cigar is not complex however I feel that at the price point of abou $3, it could be a great starter cigar for someone to learn a bit about the flavor profiles that they like for their palate.