Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Factory Throwout #49 Sungrown

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is the first time I burned a cigar and could not wait to burn another one. No, I mean I literally could not wait. Had to light up another Factory Throwout #49 Sungrown because it was just too good to wait for another day.

I can't find mention of these Throwouts anywhere on this forum. You guys are missing out. The story is these sticks are rolled in Little Havana by JC Newman from leaves intended for premiums but rejected for minor flaws in color or blemishes. What premiums they were intended for is as much a mystery as where's the blemish on this:

That's a gorgeous sungrown wrapper there. A nice oily sheen, not too dark, an olive tint to it., well wrapped. A spicy aroma, not too strong. A bit of a tickle that sungrown gives you. Tastes like it looks. Uncaps easily. Draws medium, with a slight spice.

Then you light it. All it takes is one wooden match toasting the foot, and you are off. Right away, you get a fine volume of smoke, mellow sungrown flavor, spice without pepper, and the best burn you have ever. Fine aroma. And from end to end, there is never any doubt. Never soggy, never bitter, never harsh, smoke always cool as the other side of the pillow and flavorful as mole colorado. The ash is weak, it's true; drops bits on my shirt. I got a shred or two out of the head, too. But other than that, one of these burns perfect from beginning to nub, sweet and smooth, for an hour and a quarter. Sungrown always scratches my throat. Not this. Right up to the inch a a quarter nub, cool and flavorful, and mellow as Saturday morning.

Afterwards, it left a fine aroma through the house. I had a pleasant stinkfinger until my shower. And morning mouth lasting all next day. Too bad that sungrown morning mouth does not lend itself to coffee. No wheeze at all.

Hey, I can't help it these things come in a bundle of 20 for a mere $22.50. That's right: just a nine bit stick. Price or not, they still have to rate four and a half. Are they magnificent? No. But they are as fine as fine can be.

I broke in on the Throwout #59 Claro a year ago. I have no notion what the numbers stand for, i.e. 59, 49, 99, etc. Could be the factory where they get the leaves from. All I can say is, next time you're at the cigar store, drop twenty three on twenty forty nines and see if you don't agree these are way better than a yardgar has any right to be.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've often wondered about them. But I've only ever seen them offered by the site that must not be named. And I just won't buy from them. Even though they seem to be the only carriers of another brand of seconds I've really been wanting to try.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    I've often wondered about them. But I've only ever seen them offered by the site that must not be named. And I just won't buy from them. Even though they seem to be the only carriers of another brand of seconds I've really been wanting to try.
    What other brand of seconds?
    ,,, cause ya never know ... I might like that too

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes love the 59s i think they are a great everyday smoke.found them on vacation in st augustine for a buck a piece.then start buying from my cigar guy.anyone ive ever given one to asks for more they are a true undiscovered treat!!!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.