Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Just got a new jeep!!!

i've wanted a wrangler since i was 5. well, i finally got oneUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App and i picked up a celebratory bottle of scotch on the way home Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Comments

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Congrats!! i love that color (its right up there with rescue green and the new orange) are you going to mod it at all (lift, tires, electronics, etc)?
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    yea, i plan on lifting it. i think i will do 1.5 inches and get some bigger tires (still undecided). i also want to beeline the front grill, get the bushwhacker flat flares, spiderweb bikini top, AEV Heat reduction hood, rock hard 4x4 bumper with winch, all skid plates (of course), half doors, & new exhaust (undecided). there are some things i am sure i forgot, but i have a very long time to get all this done. i think buying the jeep could have been the cheapest part of owning the jeep. customizing is pricey
  • Options
    i know that feeling, ive put in new speakers & half the wiring in the Cherokee, have a cd player in the mail, and i need to finish installing my hella lights. Im planning on- new headliner, replace my rusting out exhaust, rubicon express or IRO 3.5in lift, bumpers w/ winch (already have full skids) Bushwacker flat flares in the front and trimmed or stock rears, 32x11.50 r15 Cooper Discoverer stt's, and maybe a ford 8.8 rear. MY Cherokee is a 01 with about 145k on it and hopefully another 145k to go
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Congrats! Welcome to the Jeep Family! I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler myself, it's fun as hell to go offroading. Also taking off the doors and top, cruising down the road is the best feeling!
  • Options
    WaterDemon:
    Congrats! Welcome to the Jeep Family! I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler myself, it's fun as hell to go offroading. Also taking off the doors and top, cruising down the road is the best feeling!
    i will second that. i took the doors off and top down and went riding around and i have never felt soo free. that is until i got pulled over for not having rear view mirrors, hahaha. i wasn't even thinking about it when i took them off. but i was able to talk my way out of a ticket. the new relocating brackets arrive on tuesday!!!!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Nice car; they're a hell of a lot of fun to drive. Wrangler was my first car, got it in college, and it took me all over the eastern sea board in every kind of weather (kept mine stock, except for the bumpers; slapped some tubes on)

In case you don't know, if you're gonna take a long trip, you're gonna be in pain; one thing I never liked about it was after a few hours driving, you get sore; after a few more hours, you start hurting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats dude. That is really nice and I dig the color. I'm jealous.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you certainly won't have a problem finding it in a crowded parking lot. ROFL!
    Nice ride.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I love that color. Jeep Wranglers are the best american car known to man. Congrats!
  • Options
    0patience:
    Well, you certainly won't have a problem finding it in a crowded parking lot. ROFL!
    Nice ride.
    you know, i said this jokingly....but it has already come in handy in just that way!!!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice ride dude! i'm digging the color. IMO, if you're gonna drive a wrangler - it's gotta be one of the unique/bright colors

One of our good friend's has a silver, 2-door Wrangler that's a couple years old - it's fun to ride in, but I always tell him the silver=lame.
    (no offense to anyone who has a silver jeep, I just think they look best in a bright/bold color.)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    and dont go white or black, they are both hard to keep clean when you want it and the white is nearly impossible to get matching touch up paint for...
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    nice ride dude! i'm digging the color. IMO, if you're gonna drive a wrangler - it's gotta be one of the unique/bright colors

One of our good friend's has a silver, 2-door Wrangler that's a couple years old - it's fun to ride in, but I always tell him the silver=lame.
    (no offense to anyone who has a silver jeep, I just think they look best in a bright/bold color.)
    Bwahahahahahahaha, thanks...........ASS!!!!!! LOLimage
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:

LOL - looking good doc. I'll make an exception to the "silver" rule for you since it looks like you did some customization to it....(lifted, larger tires and some aftermarket bumpers - yes?).
    My friend's is 100% stock, and silver...still a fun ride but I feel like it's missing something, ya know?

(And FWIW - my car is metallic gray aka dark silver, so i guess i don't have much room to talk, LOL)

• Options
    slickric:
    yea, i plan on lifting it. i think i will do 1.5 inches and get some bigger tires (still undecided). i also want to beeline the front grill, get the bushwhacker flat flares, spiderweb bikini top, AEV Heat reduction hood, rock hard 4x4 bumper with winch, all skid plates (of course), half doors, & new exhaust (undecided). there are some things i am sure i forgot, but i have a very long time to get all this done. i think buying the jeep could have been the cheapest part of owning the jeep. customizing is pricey
    haha - no doubt that you can definitely spend some mad $$$ on customization.
    be sure to post some pics as your making progress on it, i'd love to see it.

• Options
    mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:

faded plastics, tube bumpers and black wheels? Come on Doc!!! Wheres the fun in that? Lol :D
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:

faded plastics, tube bumpers and black wheels? Come on Doc!!! Wheres the fun in that? Lol :D
    Oh there's been plenty of fun in that thing! South Georgia swamps to the Smokey Mountains, this jeep has done the trick for me. Why you dissing my ride man?????
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    taythegibs:
    mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:

Oh there's been plenty of fun in that thing! South Georgia swamps to the Smokey Mountains, this jeep has done the trick for me. Why you dissing my ride man?????
    Cause i wish the top came off of my cherokee! Lol