Home Non Cigar Related
Options

104 in the frickin shade

JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
I can honestly say that I have never experienced a hotter spring/early summer since I left Texas in the early 1970's.

I hate it.

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    +1... we've broken a ton of records here in TN for June, almost too hot to smoke, almost...
  • Options
    josiahcoljosiahcol Posts: 70
    Had a string of 7 straight at 96 or above up here in MN, finally broke last night and down in the 80's. Thank goodness, i can sit outside and smoke and not feel like im taking a shower sitting down
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    This was last Friday at 10:45am, in the shade...
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    It was 108 by 4:30pm...
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    whoa! geesh. the heat plus the humidity. you guys should just go sit inside a AC book store or something haha
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    But I can't enjoy a Rm 101 OSOK inside the living quarters...
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Had a guy come up to me today in a parking lot and asked me to shoot him.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I don't feel sorry for any of you. :P
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    I cant wait to move to SC... I like it hot. 3 weeks away!~
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been over 100 several times in the past week. I just think of all those winters I spent in the northeast when I was tail deep in snow. There's always air conditioning! I love it here.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, it could be worse. News said the longest heat wave on record in Philly was 18 consecutive days, back in 1895. Only 11 days this year. Gotta wonder: What kind of air conditioning were they running in 1895? Plus, they wore collars up to their adams apples and petticoats down to the ground and wool undies. I think the only way to survive was to spend the day in the crick. Jeepers.

God bless Willis Carrier, my hero.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad the heat wave broke... Not because I was uncomfortable (I have A/C in my work and home) but because now I may be able to venture out tonight with a cigar!
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    It's been over 100 several times in the past week. I just think of all those winters I spent in the northeast when I was tail deep in snow. There's always air conditioning! I love it here.
    my thinking exactly