Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I hate Kalifornia!

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
So Sacramento just green lighted the first installment of a 10billion dollar plan to build a high speed rail from San Francisco to L.A. What really pissesmethefuckoff is the they are using Prop 1A funds(a general term since the money doesn't actually exist) to pay for it. Originally 1A was supposed to be a rainy day fund to be used to help close budget gaps. It was voted down by the people only to be passed by the house, typical California... So now with the state 24.5B in debt, unemployment on the higher end of 10% and a current budget gap of 6 billion, were basically taking our life savings and buying a new car... I so need to move.

But jetmech, think of all the jobs and infrastructure it will create, putting millions of Californians back to work. Hoist the BS flag! This will hardly create any profound reduction in unemployment numbers, is opposed by more than half of Californians and (drumroll please) more beauracracy since no plan exists for future funding on either state or federal level. Time from now until expected profitability, 30 years... Did they learn nothing from the failed Amtrak experiment?

Comments

• Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Move to Mexico. It's already got the same culture, but you won't have them big spendin liberals to deal with.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    that's going to go on for sure now? arg... freakin awesome...
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vinny, stop being SO shortsighted on this. This is prefect for a SoCal/NorCal herf, duh..................

California government run by people to stupid to work any place else.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Precisely why I am visiting friends in Austin soon... There, I can shoot someone trying I kill me in my home and not get sued. I love CA....but it has blown the last 5-10 years man... Liberalism at its finest...keep spending money you don't have for *** you don't need, and tax the hell out of everyone for it. Did I mention unemployment in the valley is 17-18%? LOL.....fail
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Vinny, stop being SO shortsighted on this. This is prefect for a SoCal/NorCal herf, duh..................

This would be the only benefit
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Kaliforniastan....nice place to visit, just not to live there.....i would not like to live there for one simple reason.....too many gun laws and too high gun crime....where im originally from, southern Oklahoma/north texas, not hardly any gun laws and not much gun crime....hell, in oklahoma you can now strap the ole six shooter to your side again and walk down the street with it in plain view. Not much mugging or car jacking for some reason, not sure why though....
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    No open carry here till November RJ but yes it did pass and I couldn't be happier... now I just have to find a belt holster for my 10.5" 44.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I believe thats called your right pants leg Wes.... LOL

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:

Would be perfect if they also had a smoking car!!!lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    We need to rid ourselves of the state senate.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Born and bred in SoCal. Could not stand the lunatics. Left 30 years ago. Still have sisters living there. Still just as loony as when I left.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)