Home General Discussion

Looking for a cheap humidor.

Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct area on the forum, but as some of you know (and I'm sure you can tell) I'm a noob to the forum. And with that being said, I might as well fess up. I've been storing my stogies in a plastic ziplock bag with a water pillow inside. I need to buy a humidor (40-50 count) and I'm not looking to spend a lot of money. I mow lawns commercially, and we've had quite the drought in Michigan, so you can say I've been out of a job for a while. Anyone know of a solid humidor on here that you could recommend? Also, feel free to share your setup with pics or whatever you want. Thanks!

Comments

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    do you care that your cigar's look "nice?" if not, get a cooler. cheap cheap cheap. use the search function and you'll find lots of information on building a coolidor. welcome to ccom forums! You'll find lots of turds and idiots here. anymore questions? Feel free to PM me. I am a nice person
  • Thanks man! I'll look into it, i've heard people use big tupperware containers too, so that might be an option as well. And thank you again for the welcome. I might send you a couple PM's to avoid looking like a complete fool in the future posts to come. haha. You know IONTC right? He's my sister's boyfriend.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Cigarsprintsale.com is one of the best places to find good humidors dirt cheap.
  • Smokindaddy:
    Cigarsprintsale.com is one of the best places to find good humidors dirt cheap.
    Thank you much!
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Pm sent to you!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • IONTCIONTC Posts: 172
    I'll second the cooler and sprint. You can always just store your stuff at my place. I'll take gggrrreat care of them >:-)
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    Thanks man! I'll look into it, i've heard people use big tupperware containers too, so that might be an option as well. And thank you again for the welcome. I might send you a couple PM's to avoid looking like a complete fool in the future posts to come. haha. You know IONTC right? He's my sister's boyfriend.
    yup. I actually have a couple of tupperwares for my yard cigars. I put in boveda packs and some cedar spills in there. Shoot me PMs anytime man. Whenever I can help, I will. And don't worry about being a fool on this forum. Everything I post is foolish and quite redunkstupid.

I actually just met IONTC not too long ago. Looks like you sleevz and IONTC all herf together and know eachother. That's awesome man. Stick around dude, this forum is fun.
  • stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    PM sent to you!
  • jliu:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    Thanks man! I'll look into it, i've heard people use big tupperware containers too, so that might be an option as well. And thank you again for the welcome. I might send you a couple PM's to avoid looking like a complete fool in the future posts to come. haha. You know IONTC right? He's my sister's boyfriend.
    yup. I actually have a couple of tupperwares for my yard cigars. I put in boveda packs and some cedar spills in there. Shoot me PMs anytime man. Whenever I can help, I will. And don't worry about being a fool on this forum. Everything I post is foolish and quite redunkstupid.

I actually just met IONTC not too long ago. Looks like you sleevz and IONTC all herf together and know eachother. That's awesome man. Stick around dude, this forum is fun.
    Yeah, we all get together every week or so for the most part. Are you in Michigan?
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    jliu:
    OldBlueEyes2012:

Yeah, we all get together every week or so for the most part. Are you in Michigan?
    haha I wish man. Would love to get together with cigar lovers every week. I'm in northern California (Bay Area)
  • jliu:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    jliu:
    OldBlueEyes2012:

haha I wish man. Would love to get together with cigar lovers every week. I'm in northern California (Bay Area)
    Yeah that would be awesome haha. Anybody out that way that you smoke with?
    yea man. I meet up w/ Boyd (*Petey*) and Shawn (Sporus). Boyd's been a buddy for last 5 years or so and Shawn I met through here.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Get a room, you two!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Threesome? what? you sicko!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob,
    Check your Inbox about humi.

And check the Show off your Humi set up thread.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Rob, the Inbox is in the upper RH corner of the page.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jliu:
    Threesome? what? you sicko!
    It's not gay if there's no eye contact.
    Rob, check your inbox. Replied to you.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    jliu has the best idea........even though he is a stooopid noob.....
    don't bother with a 40-50ct wood humi....
    for about the same money, or less, you can get a good sized cooler that will last you about.........................................6 months to a year, before you need a bigger, or second cooler

you'll run out of room in the 50ct well before Labor Day....remember, it will only hold about 30 to 40 cigars, unless all you smoke is petite coronas........

Yeah. He no longer needs a cheap humi. ; )
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    KingoftheCove:
    jliu has the best idea........even though he is a stooopid noob.....
    don't bother with a 40-50ct wood humi....
    for about the same money, or less, you can get a good sized cooler that will last you about.........................................6 months to a year, before you need a bigger, or second cooler

you'll run out of room in the 50ct well before Labor Day....remember, it will only hold about 30 to 40 cigars, unless all you smoke is petite coronas........

Good game good game. *slaps ass*
  • 0patience:
    Yeah. He no longer needs a cheap humi. ; )
    Yeah, this guy right here is hooking me up! Thanks buddy!
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Rob, PM to ya.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Rob, check your PM. It flies Monday.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: