Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion Consul

KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
I picked one of these up for $4.00. It was my first one I've tried. Wow! I was very impressed. It had a very unique flavor that I just can't pinpoint but it was good. It performed very well & had a very nice aroma too. Anyone else like these?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the toro of that blend is one of my favorites. i buy those by the box.

MICRO REVIEW

that about sum up the flavors?
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    KCW:
    I picked one of these up for $4.00. It was my first one I've tried. Wow! I was very impressed. It had a very unique flavor that I just can't pinpoint but it was good. It performed very well & had a very nice aroma too. Anyone else like these?
    I like these a lot. I've had the corona and the robusto, both are really good med-full bodied low cost cigars. Box worthy cigars for sure. I read somewhere that the blend is very similar to the Antonio, except for the wrapper and one or two primings. The goal was to "tone down" the Antonio, but keep the flavor profile. I think they hit a home run.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Jdn's are a great stick! I really enjoy the dark corojo from time to time. The age well and even rott don't smoke bad at all. But I agree with kuzi and the toros are a great size for them
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    the toro of that blend is one of my favorites. i buy those by the box.

MICRO REVIEW

that about sum up the flavors?

Must have been the Cocoa.
    Do you prefer the Toro (to the Consul) because it smokes a bit longer or because you notice some other difference(s)? (Always curious about the differences in Vitolas within the same Blend).
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up a few of these, celebracion and the ana
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    I've noticed if I buy them from a B&M/online and smoke them right off the bat the draw is a little tight. But if I let them sit in my humidor for about 2-3 months they seem to get a bit better. I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks or what.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    WaterDemon:
    I've noticed if I buy them from a B&M/online and smoke them right off the bat the draw is a little tight. But if I let them sit in my humidor for about 2-3 months they seem to get a bit better. I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks or what.
    youre probably right. shipping and changed in rh do some crazy things some times.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    My explanation of what makes the Celebracion a great blend:

I can smoke it without a single though and enjoy it due to the great flavor and solid construction.

or...

I can smoke it with a great deal of though and be impressed at how much it has to offer in terms of complexity and balance.

Conclusion: no matter what my expectations are, it delivers. That makes a great cigar at any price, but it makes a benchmark cigar at the price these can be had at.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    I had one of these for the first time last night and loved it. Itvwasvthe perfect hour smoke and might make a decent cigar for the winter months since it isn't really expensive (on sprint or sites like it) and if I get too cold I wouldn't mind putting it out.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    They are good.

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/post/633677.aspx

That's my review. Too lazy to make a link.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    They are good.

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/post/633677.aspx

That's my review. Too lazy to make a link.
    yep, i am going to need to get more soon.....just had the one that was gifted to me.