Home Non Cigar Related

Sailor Jerry?!?!?!

wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
I'm usually a fan of Capt. Morgan for cheap rum but by god anyone who has the balls to use the misfits "Where eagles dare" in a commercial deserves my money!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtxSHKoJ8G8

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Sailor Jerry is WAAAAAAAYYYY better than Capt imho. I haven't bought Capt since the first time I tried SJ, as a matter of fact. Don't plan to, either. I really like SJ, it is smoother, more complex, has more carmel tones, more spice notes, MORE ALCOHOL, and just plain tastes better... oh, and it's cheaper!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That's awesome. Misfits don't get enough recognition. Those old **** still put on a killer show.
  • Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    I agree sailor jerry is much better than captian! and the misfits do put on a good show still I actually just saw them a month ago
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    BigT06:
    Sailor Jerry is WAAAAAAAYYYY better than Capt imho. I haven't bought Capt since the first time I tried SJ, as a matter of fact. Don't plan to, either. I really like SJ, it is smoother, more complex, has more carmel tones, more spice notes, MORE ALCOHOL, and just plain tastes better... oh, and it's cheaper!
    hell to the fkn ya man, I love SJ
  • RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    sailor jerry is great!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SJ is yummmmy
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Aw yeah man. Sailor Jerry's been my rum all summer. Good stuff!
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    You gentlemen are out of your wits. I had a shot of this one time for 2 bucks at a trivia night and nearly spat it out. I think I just threw out the free plastic shot glasses they gave us for buying their shots or I'd ship 'em your way.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Nothing like the salty sting of Sailor Jerry in your mouth...
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Nothing like the salty sting of Sailor Jerry in your mouth...
    That's what she said....ZING!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    curious....good sipping rum? Or is it worth it to sepnd the extra cash on teh premiums.
    catfishbluezz:
    curious....good sipping rum? Or is it worth it to sepnd the extra cash on teh premiums.
    I wouldn't call SJ a sipping rum. To me this is the kind of rum you drink the get smashed.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    catfishbluezz:
    I wouldn't call SJ a sipping rum. To me this is the kind of rum you drink the get smashed.
    +1
    And it will get you very smashed...I have first hand experience with that, or so I was told the next morning. LOL
    (Which is exactly why I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole, ever again. Seriously, never.)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    j0z3r:
    catfishbluezz:
    I agree it is not a sipping rum. It mixes well though. At least to my taste. And yeah... it'll *** you up.
    BigT06:
    j0z3r:
    catfishbluezz:
    I agree it is not a sipping rum. It mixes well though. At least to my taste. And yeah... it'll *** you up.
    And how. I remember years ago going to the movies with 3 friends and a bottle of Sailor Jerry. We mixed it with Dr. Pepper and passed it around, buy the end of the movie we were all feeling pretty good. I'm not a big fan of getting drunk anymore, had my fill in years gone by, but I have fond memories where drinking was involved.
  • cmartincmartin Posts: 130
    Sailor Jerr is a great rum. But do yourselves a favor and try the new Captain Morgan black spiced rum. The flavor that this run has is incredible. It's by far the best rum I've ever had. I believe the ABV is higher than SJ also.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    SJ has the cool tatoo on the back of the label dont forget! A pretty good inexpensive mixing rum. Light years ahead of any of the mass marketed swamp waters some call rum. Not close to being a sipping rum, but a great bang for the buck that is still very drinkable.