Home Cigar 101
Options

Oliva G or 0?

HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
I have been smoking for a while now and I found, for the most part, what I like to smoke. I have only ever bought singles because I like variety. Lately I have really be pleased with the Oliva line so I was planning to buy a box.

I have had the G, O, and V, but want to hear what some of the more experienced guys have to say about the G and O. I am a little torn between the two and simply want to hear what you guys have to say.

Also, any recommendation on what size?! I leaning towards Toro but I am not sure :-

Thanks for any help,
David

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    G, maduro, perfecto.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    You mean the 3.7" long one? That thing looks cool, I'm gonna put one in my cart for my next order!
  • Options
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've not enjoyed the olivia line that much. I do like the V maduro and am going to try the V nat again here soon. I've got two left so if I do like it it would be the first in the line I like. I haven't had the MB 1 or 2 though I have a 2 sitting (thanks jozer). I wasn't a big fan of the 3. If it makes any difference out of all the other blends I did like the G a little more.... I think I had the one Kuzi suggested as well, can't remember what was more flavorful that or the robusto but I didn't think either was bad. Just not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    G, maduro, perfecto.

I actually already picked one of those up along with the cameroon one.

That is a crazy box though! 48 of those little bastards! I'll be smoking the maduro later....it's been a **** day it's been raining all week.

I've simply never bought a box so I want to make sure how everything stacks up until I buy one. To make matters worse I only have a 20 cigar humidor (got it as a gift).
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think the Serie O perfecto is pretty good. I also like the G cameroon in the robusto size. It's hard to pick one because they're not the same cigar, I like them equally for different reasons.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Hugemoose:
    kuzi16:
    G, maduro, perfecto.

I actually already picked one of those up along with the cameroon one.

That is a crazy box though! 48 of those little bastards! I'll be smoking the maduro later....it's been a **** day it's been raining all week.

I've simply never bought a box so I want to make sure how everything stacks up until I buy one. To make matters worse I only have a 20 cigar humidor (got it as a gift).
    I was in that boat about 6 months ago, now I have a lot of boxes, well not a lot but more than 6 and it get's quite addicting.. I keep telling myself that by the time I go through one of them I won't be able to buy more, so I wonder if I should buy two at a time...
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    G Maduro for sure! Plus if you buy boxes from CCOM now you get sweet freebies!
  • Options
    Well I just finished smoking the Serie special G maduro (the tiny guy).

Smoke time was about 40 minutes. I was really surprised how much flavor this little smoke had! I am totally incapable of describing the tastes that cigars have, but this one was very, very nice! I don't often smoke maduro's, but this was a very pleasant cigar.

The smoke was thick and while "heavy", it had a great taste that I really enjoyed. I really wish I could describe the flavors more.....but I really enjoyed this smoke. It was just very smooth and had a creamy smoke.

Now I am just looking forward to smoking the special G cameroon in the next day or two to compare. I still don't know if I am willing to drop the money for 48 of these little guys though. While it is a great smoke, I tend to smoke more socially with friends and good whiskey. Therefore, a longer smoke is often required and preferred .

I may be leaning towards a sweeter wrapper like the cameroon for longer smokes, but this was a fantastic cigar. I just wish I could buy 12 of them and not 48 Sad [:(]

I am in my last 3 weeks of college (I'm a senior) and I know I won't be smoking as much when I'm home, therefore I don't want to be buying too many cigars.....yet!

Oh the decisions......
  • Options
    Hugemoose:

Smoke time was about 40 minutes. I was really surprised how much flavor this little smoke had! I am totally incapable of describing the tastes that cigars have, but this one was very, very nice! I don't often smoke maduro's, but this was a very pleasant cigar.

The smoke was thick and while "heavy", it had a great taste that I really enjoyed. I really wish I could describe the flavors more.....but I really enjoyed this smoke. It was just very smooth and had a creamy smoke.

Now I am just looking forward to smoking the special G cameroon in the next day or two to compare. I still don't know if I am willing to drop the money for 48 of these little guys though. While it is a great smoke, I tend to smoke more socially with friends and good whiskey. Therefore, a longer smoke is often required and preferred .

I may be leaning towards a sweeter wrapper like the cameroon for longer smokes, but this was a fantastic cigar. I just wish I could buy 12 of them and not 48 Sad [:(]

I am in my last 3 weeks of college (I'm a senior) and I know I won't be smoking as much when I'm home, therefore I don't want to be buying too many cigars.....yet!

Oh the decisions......
    if you have a way to store them, now is the time to buy. they will have a bit of rest before you can smoke them. nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Hugemoose:

Oh the decisions......
    if you have a way to store them, now is the time to buy. they will have a bit of rest before you can smoke them. nothing wrong with that.

The problem is I don't have a large enough humidor. Is it OK to keep them in the box they came in; maybe with one of those water pillows?
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    tupperware, dude.
  • Options
    Yup....never thought of that. Thanks.
  • Options
    I just smoked the Special G cameroon tonight. Once again it was raining and terrible weather, but I had a friend that also wanted to smoke so I wasn't going to say no.

I really enjoy the taste of the cameroon wrapper, but the G maduro simply tops it.

I will purchasing a box the G maduro belicoso along with a single Master Blend II for graduation night in about 2 weeks.

Thanks for the advice guys.

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I've had the Serie O robusto, got it in a sampler a while back. I liked it, wasn't bad at all. Definitely would try it again, and the other Series too.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    So I received my box of G maudro belicoso's yesterday along with the variety pack and free lighter.

I smoked the first one last night and was extremely pleased with it. My friend was smoking a Nub Cameroon so I was able to compare the two quite well. I'm glad I got this! Very nice coca taste and lasted quite long for only being a 5 x 52. I have plenty so I imagine they will get better with some age.

Also, I bucked up and bought a 120 count humi. My little 20 humi just wouldn't cut it after I decided on buying a box. That should be here later this week so until then the rest of the cigars are resting in tupaware with a water pillow along with 12 CAO Italia's my roommate got from a competing H word site.

Thanks again for the recommendation Kuzi....I'm glad I tried the maduro; it was well worth it.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Hugemoose:
    So I received my box of G maudro belicoso's yesterday along with the variety pack and free lighter.

I smoked the first one last night and was extremely pleased with it. My friend was smoking a Nub Cameroon so I was able to compare the two quite well. I'm glad I got this! Very nice coca taste and lasted quite long for only being a 5 x 52. I have plenty so I imagine they will get better with some age.

Also, I bucked up and bought a 120 count humi. My little 20 humi just wouldn't cut it after I decided on buying a box. That should be here later this week so until then the rest of the cigars are resting in tupaware with a water pillow along with 12 CAO Italia's my roommate got from a competing H word site.

Thanks again for the recommendation Kuzi....I'm glad I tried the maduro; it was well worth it.
    I can say from experience that the G Maduro Belicoso get even better after some months of age. Smoked one about a month ago that had about 6 months and it was superb. Enjoy them!