Home Non Cigar Related
Options

NL steamrolls AL in Allstar game.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Starting pitcher gives up 5 runs in the first inning. Wait. What?
I remember when the Allstar game was a heated game. Usually with in 1 run.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. Don't remind me. I know we have a lot of Det. brothers here but sorry to say, Verlander choked.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is, how did Verlander NOT win the MVP? He was, by far, the best player the NL had.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    In Verlander's defense, he really didn't care about winning the game. He went out to throw triple digit fastballs and entertain the fans.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Nice one Todd. If he didn't care about winning the Allstar game, then I guess he doesn't plan on going to the WS.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    danielzreyes:
    Ugh. Don't remind me. I know we have a lot of Det. brothers here but sorry to say, Verlander choked.
    Anyone see that Fathead commercial where verlander says something like,"I've seen alot of people choke" makes me laugh every time I see it.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Nice one Todd. If he didn't care about winning the Allstar game, then I guess he doesn't plan on going to the WS.
    I think you were quoting me, Tony, not Todd. So to further my point, Verlander doesn't pitch like that when he is pitching in a normal game. He went out and just lit up the radar gun. If he did care about winning the game, he would have actually pitched like he normally does. Besides, have you seen the Tigers this year? They are .500 in a horrible division. So, no, he probably doesn't plan on going to the WS.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    I think you were quoting me, Tony, not Todd. So to further my point, Verlander doesn't pitch like that when he is pitching in a normal game. He went out and just lit up the radar gun. If he did care about winning the game, he would have actually pitched like he normally does. Besides, have you seen the Tigers this year? They are .500 in a horrible division. So, no, he probably doesn't plan on going to the WS.
    I was saying "nice" to Todd 's(bandyt09) joke. But yeah I was replying to your comment. I'm just bitter that AL lost the way they did. Winning the allstar game is very important when it gets to the WS. It's home field advantage. Oh well....... With that being said, GO LIONS! :)
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Bump. LOL baseball is such a funny game. That's why I love it so much. I sure as hell didn't think the Tigers were going to the WS and apparently neither did Tony haha! Congrats to the Tigers being 2012 AL champs.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Bump. LOL baseball is such a funny game. That's why I love it so much. I sure as hell didn't think the Tigers were going to the WS and apparently neither did Tony haha! Congrats to the Tigers being 2012 AL champs.
    Yeah, I lost hope for a good chunk of the summer. They were playing waaaaay below their ability for quite awhile. Thank God they played in a bad division and got into the playoffs with their record. Now that they are playing to their abilities, they look unstoppable.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Yeah, I lost hope for a good chunk of the summer. They were playing waaaaay below their ability for quite awhile. Thank God they played in a bad division and got into the playoffs with their record. Now that they are playing to their abilities, they look unstoppable.
    btw I wouldn't be mad if Cabrera is Mvp over Trout.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    btw I wouldn't be mad if Cabrera is Mvp over Trout.
    Yeah, I think getting the Triple Crown pretty much made it a foregone conclusion. If you do something that hasn't been done in 45 years, you are going to get recognized for it. I have a feeling the voting won't be very close at all. Not to take away anything from Trout, but Cabrera has been too good for too long to not get the nod.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really glad to see the Tigers go. Now if St. Louis can pull it out of the bag, it would be an interesting world series.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.