Home General Discussion
Options

Re-introduction

ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
Hey! Who's still hanging around here?

I havent posted here in about 2 1/2 years... about the time I decided to join the Army National Guard. I was away at basic training and my MOS school for much of 2010 and 2011, then back home for a few months before volunteering for a deployment. I'm in Kosovo now.

I think I'm gonna try to smoke something tonight after work. Last week I got a sampler from a buddy back home with some CAO America, some 5 Vegas Cask Strength, and a couple others. I've also managed to pick up a few good cigars from international PXs, that are unavailable at home.

Comments

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Wow, all the old-timers are coming back. Who's next, Urbi? Welcome back, Scrambler.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    LOL, yeah, kinda crazy Scram... I've been away from probably about 2 1/2 years too, and when did I come back on for a visit? Yesterday!!! Strange timing indeed!!!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back, sounds like your training went well. Be safe out there in Kosovo.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hey Scrambler, welcome back.
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back brother...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    holy crap.

its turning into one big d
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Scramz! Welcom back buddy! I made more hooch if you want some :)
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Man its like more and more guys have came out of hibernation for the winter .
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Scramz! Welcom back buddy! I made more hooch if you want some :)

I'd love some, but General Order #1 over here includes no alcohol... I did get to go on an assignment to Sarajevo a couple weeks ago, where I think I made up for all the drinking I've missed since I left the States.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Thanks for your service sir. Hope you get to smoke more often.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    Thanks for your service sir. Hope you get to smoke more often.
    +1 Welcome back!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back, is your avatar one of the new/retro Triumph Scramblers? I loved that style bike "back in the day", ('70's for me).
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    Welcome back, is your avatar one of the new/retro Triumph Scramblers? I loved that style bike "back in the day", ('70's for me).
    It is indeed, here is a pic of my 2006 Scrambler I bought new in '07.

Thanks for the warm welcome back everybody. I'll try to stick around for a while.
  • Options
    rusirius:
    LOL, yeah, kinda crazy Scram... I've been away from probably about 2 1/2 years too, and when did I come back on for a visit? Yesterday!!! Strange timing indeed!!!
    That is quite random, and pretty crazy. How have you been?
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    Amos Umwhat:
    It is indeed, here is a pic of my 2006 Scrambler I bought new in '07.

Thanks for the warm welcome back everybody. I'll try to stick around for a while.
    Nice! My wife gave up her Sportster a few years back, I've been gently hinting that she might be happy with a Speedmaster, America, or Bonneville. Does the Scrambler have the 360, or the 270 crankshaft?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    270 degree crank, which I think I prefer for the kind of riding I do. My understanding is that the 270 has quicker acceleration and better traction, while the 360 has better top end. Since my Scrambler will do over 100mph, I really don't need any more top end, but I love the quickness in city traffic, and I ride in the rain (and New Orleans has crappy roads, lots of gravel and such) so the better traction is nice.